Technology and Litigation Support Specialist
Terrapin Technology Group Sacramento, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
As the Technology and Litigation Support Specialist, aside from everyday help desk, server and network level support tasks, you will have the opportunity to learn the nuances of eDiscovery, litigation support, and all phases of Electronic Discovery in the legal industry. You will be trained to operate various eDiscovery and technical support applications.
Who is Terrapin?
Terrapin is a collection of self-directed, smart, and dedicated technicians and administrative staff with overlapping and complementary skills, many of whom have been with Terrapin since in and around its inception in 2008. If you want to share work experience and absorb new skills from some of the best local techs in the industry, then Terrapin is the place for you.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and communication skills. You will be routinely interacting with professionals including attorneys, paralegals, and their support staff.
- Ability to multitask and efficiently handle multiple projects, help desk calls, and other requests.
- Attention to detail, ability to account for one’s time, and thoroughly document time spent per project or help desk ticket.
- Reliable transportation. You will routinely travel to client offices and may from time-to-time need to travel to the Bay Area or Southern California.
- Experience preparing and setting up computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc. for use on a Windows-based network.
- Familiarity with various remote access solutions, including VPN, Remote Desktop Services, Citrix, GoToMyPC (and comparable)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing Windows-based computer networks, from the firewall/router, to the switches, printers/copiers, workstations, and the software applications running on them.
- Familiarity with setup, troubleshooting, and administration of cloud-based application and/or SaaS (Software as a Service) such as Office 365, Dropbox/ShareFile, etc.
- Experience with the detection and removal of viruses and/or malware.
- Familiarity with the setup, troubleshooting, and administration of server-level hardware and operating systems, from RAID, to installation of the operating system, Active Directory, group policy, file and share-level security, data and application migration between servers.
- Experience with setup, troubleshooting, and administration of virtual environments using both Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare environments.
Helpful, but not required Skills
- Experience in the legal industry, ideally working in an IT-related function.
- Experience with legal-specific applications, including document management, case management, time and billing systems, eDiscovery, and forensic tools.
- Experience with VOIP phone systems, on-premise and cloud-based.
- Familiarity with MacOS, experience with Apple computers and laptops and integrating them with a Windows-based network
Terrapin Technology GroupWhy Work Here?
If you want to share experience and absorb new skills from some of the best local techs in the industry, then Terrapin is the place for you.
1501 Sports DriveSacramento, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Terrapin Technology Group