Senior Air Quality Specialist
Terraphase Engineering (Terraphase) is seeking a Project or Senior Project Level Engineer/Scientist to join our national air quality consulting team in one of our East Coast or West Coast offices. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for our clients.
The primary role includes task management and execution of ongoing work with existing clients in the fields of air quality and climate change. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Perform regulatory applicability evaluations and compliance assessments related to federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop complete and accurate air quality permits for major and minor sources, including Title V, PSD, and New Source Review compliance. Verbal and written interaction with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify emissions/concentrations and impacts.
- Evaluate pollution control technologies, including technical and economic feasibility of pollution control equipment.
- Implement climate change projects, such as greenhouse gas inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public disclosure and verification.
- Manage and perform multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, Terraphase employees, and subcontractors.
- Support business development activities including but not limited to proposal writing, client outreach, and professional organization participation.
- Assist with training and development of junior staff
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company and clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)
Who You Are
- Candidates that apply for this role should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- 5-10 years of experience. Direct consulting or industry experience a plus.
- Strong hands-on spreadsheet and database comprehension.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest to work on several tasks at the same time, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently and as part of a project team.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Familiarity with atmospheric dispersion modeling and emissions modeling tools (e.g. AERMOD/AERMET, CalEEMod, EMFAC2017, OFFROAD and/or MOVES)
- Experience with federal Clean Air Act regulations such as New Source Performance Standards and Maximum Achievable Control Technology standards
- Current CARB GHG Verifier certification
Terraphase Engineering Inc
1100 East Hector StreetConshohocken, PA
TechnologyView All Terraphase Engineering Inc Jobs
Get fresh Senior Air Quality Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.