- Posted: over a month ago
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking a motivated and experienced Maintenance Mechanic in our Irvine, CA location. The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and oversees a company’s buildings, systems, and equipment to ensure that the workspace and operations are safe and highly functional and efficient.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the scope of both self-performing expectations and managing the execution of service contracts with service providers
- Inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations
- Assisting in the coordination of renovations and updates
- 3-5 related years of experience in a building maintenance role
- A background in plumbing, general repair, or professional/industrial manufacturing environments is required
- Technical degree and/or certifications and training commensurate with the duties described. OSHA, Environmental and forklift operational cert a plus
- Mechanical skills and strong knowledge of electrical/mechanical building systems for operational performance areas described previously.
- Proficiency with facilities management tools (i.e., CMMS or equivalent).
- Working and usage of project management tools, MS office tools to include Excel, Outlook and Word a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak at all levels of team members, guests, and vendors.
- Great time management, organization and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Perceptive of their surroundings and can identify the aspects of a company’s facilities that need immediate attention and areas that need to be planned longer term. They listen to the needs of a building’s occupants and report requests and suggestions to supervisor.
- Possess strong sense of urgency and do the right things first, taking the initiative to resolve them as quickly as possible. They are excellent at prioritizing, planning, managing and scheduling multiple types of services.
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellites primarily serving the United States and Allied aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com.
Position may require incumbent to move files, open filing cabinets and bend/stand as necessary. May need to lift boxes, inventory, equipment up to 45 lbs, climb ladders & work in inclement weather.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This job description does not alter the “At-Will” nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain “at-will” unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
AutomotiveView all jobs at Terran Orbital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?