Launch Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Launch Systems Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Launch Systems Engineer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer launch operations and launch hardware production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary team.
- Assist the Launch Team and Program Managers with customer interaction.
- Lead and assist the various launch program reviews both internally and customer-facing.
- Coordinate and manage resources.
- Coordinate and conduct test campaigns of spacecraft and launch related hardware.
- Draft safety and operations procedures / documentation for launch campaigns.
- Draft mechanical drawings required for production as well as assembly procedures.
- Track and process launch export and regulatory needs and ensure readiness for launch.
- Manage the production of our state-of-the-art launch hardware.
- Assist in launch program budget and schedule activities using Tyvaks collaborative software tools.
- Lead and Assist the Launch Team and Program Mangers to provide launch program status updates to executive leadership.
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- Travel to customer spacecraft or launch service provider location for the launch operation.
- Assist in the capture of business opportunities in the launch related field.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in a technical field (i.e., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related degree).
- 3+ years of work experience (not including school) in the aerospace industry, or similar high technology systems.
- Computer Automated Drafting (CAD) experience required.
- Experience as a responsible Systems Engineer or discipline-specific Engineer on aerospace projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in the small satellite launch industry strongly preferred.
- Understanding of satellites and related launch environments as well as launch vehicles themselves.
- Demonstrated proficiency in task management.
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require incumbent to move files, open filing cabinets and bend/stand as necessary. Must have good color perception, eyesight and the ability to effectively use magnification aids such as binocular microscopes and related test equipment. Must have good hand-eye coordination, and the ability to use basic hand tools. At times, you must be able to comfortably lift 40 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times during testing campaigns, launch vehicle integration campaigns, and assembly of launch hardware, you will be working in a clean room environment as well as production and test space.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents
- Equity Incentive Plan
- PTO and Holidays during the calendar year
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Founded in 2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital Corporation is a leading vertically integrated provider of end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran Orbital combines satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. In addition, Terran Orbital is developing the worlds largest, most advanced NextGen Earth Observation constellation to provide persistent, real-time earth imagery.
Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Terran Orbital