Director, Networking Solutions (SME)
- Posted: over a month ago
Terran Orbital (TO) is seeking a motivated and experienced technical leader and Subject Matter Expert (SME) at one of our U.S. office locations. TO is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and mission solutions to Government and Commercial customers. As a member of our Advanced Solutions Team, the candidate will work with other SMEs, engineers, and program personnel to develop, coordinate, and lead the strategy, establishment, and growth within the space Networking Solutions domain. The individual sought for this position will spearhead TO’s evolution of space-based Autonomous Mesh Networking capabilities, Cross Domain Interoperability, and Autonomous Command Control & Communications (C3) at constellation scales. The selected candidate for this position will serve as expert in identifying, leading, developing and leveraging resilient, scalable and future-proofed architectural concepts providing continuity of C3 and data flow in support of internal product growth aligned with current and future customer mission needs.
- Work within the Advanced Solutions Team in coordination with the Engineering Management Team (EMT) to identify a space-based Networking roadmap strategy.
- Lead the Networking Solutions domain in active engagement within TO Business Development (BD) and external customers to understand, identify and shape current/future needs and requirements.
- Promote within the customer base - future capabilities, architectures and applications within the space-based Networking Solutions mission set and assist TO BD in informing and shaping opportunities during customer engagements.
- Provide support TO BD and Proposal/Capture teams as advisors, reviewers and content providers for active pursuits.
- Continually engage with TO EMT to ensure synergy, self-reflection and mutual understanding of roadmaps, limitations and goals.
- Understand and identify when/where external strategic partnerships are best applied vs. establishing internal capabilities.
- Actively engage within the “space community” through presentations, panels and publications etc. to promote and to remain at the leading edge.
- Establish, regularly maintain and assess TO Technology/Mission roadmaps pertinent to the Networking domain and regularly engage across the Advanced Solutions Team, Growth Operations, BD, EMT and Senior Management for awareness and continuity.
- The candidate will have ownership, responsibility and autonomy to lead, grow and maintain their “domain”. This includes recruiting and leading additional team members as determined necessary.
- Establish methods, applications, toolsets, and implementations
- Integrate solutions into capture and proposal activities
- Evaluate and assess TO technologies, capabilities, and goals for alignment with new business, mission, and proposal opportunities
- Identify revenue-generating product and capability growth opportunities in civil, defense, and commercial markets
- Digest and synthesize solicitations and proposal opportunities in a format and method that can be presented to the executive team
- Manage solution responses to civil, defense, and commercial RFPs and RFIs including coordinating multidisciplinary and cross-functional team inputs necessary to be compliant with RFP/RFI guidelines and requirements
- Author technical portions of winning bids and proposals through meticulous engineering and cost-estimate product generation
- Develop and provide tools, templates, and guidance to proposal contributors efficiently and repeatably grow existing business opportunities and nurture relationships with existing customers
- Support Terran Orbital and its subsidiaries through representation at conferences, trade shows, and industry events
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Perform other related duties as necessary
- Master’s degree in science, engineering, or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in a technical, business development role and/or technical space-related field.
- Demonstrated depth of experience in the field of autonomous mesh networks, space-based software defined networks, secure resilient systems and technologies, front-end agnostic ad-hoc network solutions, software defined interoperability and knowledge of standard space-to-space/space-to-ground protocols. Artificial Intelligence, Machine-to-Machine, and self-healing/self-configuring architecture experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of US Government legacy communications systems and architectures in the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC) and Civil domain is highly desired.
- Per the requirement of certain TO facilities, it is highly desired that the applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Understanding of all business development, capture, proposal, and program management competencies and practices
- Experience with customer relationship management tools
- Reasonable understanding of solicitation process and selection criteria for NASA, NOAA, DoD, IC and other commercial and government entities
- Professional certifications in engineering, related technical disciplines, or management
- Experience building, leading and maintaining a team of personnel to design and accomplish objectives effectively and efficiently
- Experience leading, coordinating, and contributing technical and cost volumes for large aerospace proposals
- Documentation and configuration management experience
- Experience in a fast-paced aerospace environment with quick-turn responses regarding opportunity
- Capable of working autonomously leading in a team environment
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require incumbent to move files, open filing cabinets, and bend/stand as necessary. Moderate CONUS travel may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, virtual collaboration tools, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Equity Incentive Program
- Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Founded in 2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital Corporation is a leading vertically integrated provider of end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran Orbital combines satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. In addition, Terran Orbital is developing the world’s largest, most advanced NextGen Earth Observation constellation to provide persistent, real-time earth imagery.
Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
HealthcareView all jobs at Terran Orbital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?