Director, Corporate Development
- Posted: over a month ago
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
As a Director of Corporate Development, you will be responsible for leading mergers and acquisition initiatives supporting the business. There is considerable visibility and variability within the role and a commercially insightful, technically strong, and well-rounded professional with M&A and/or principal investor experience is essential.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- End-to-end management of the day-to-day transaction process, from origination and initial evaluation through to completion.
- Interfacing with Terran Orbitals business units and strategy teams to determine inorganic strategy and identifying suitable acquisition targets.
- Meeting with potential acquisition targets and creating relationships with management teams and investors.
- Advising senior finance team members on preparing detailed financial projections, financial models, and scenario analysis.
- Developing complex valuation models and preparing complete valuation analysis, incorporating DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables, and alternative valuation methods.
- Preparing analysis to determine deal structuring options.
- Assisting in the negotiation of deal terms and key legal documents including purchase agreements.
- Preparing key documents for the internal deal approval process, including Board-level reporting and review.
- Managing due diligence processes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Creating strong personal networks with investment banking and sourcing contacts, management teams of potential targets and Terran Orbitals business leaders.
- Maintaining knowledge of sector-specific deal considerations.
- Researching and monitoring sector specific-trends, transactions and potential acquisition targets and reporting highlights to executive staff. Support the preparation of marketing materials and facilitating diligence, as required. Draw conclusions from data to make recommendations that contribute to the success of the Companys inorganic growth initiatives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity, or closely related financial experience, having worked on M&A transactions of various sizes, types, and complexities in the US and internationally.
- Aerospace/Defense M&A experience required.
- Solution oriented with proven experience in negotiating and completing complex M&A, investment, partnership and / or joint venture transactions.
- Strong communication skills comfortable engaging in robust debates with C-level executives in an energetic and influential manner.
- Prior experience in financial technology and business services sector with solid network of contacts at companies, investors, and intermediaries.
- Experience managing cross-functional, cross-regional teams through an entire M&A process.
- Proven ability to formulate informed positions and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to assume leadership positions, interact with executive management, and work with a variety of clients & stakeholders.
- BA/BS with top-tier academic background.
Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
100% company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and dependents
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Founded in 2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital Corporation is a leading vertically integrated provider of end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran Orbital combines satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. In addition, Terran Orbital is developing the worlds largest, most advanced NextGen Earth Observation constellation to provide persistent, real-time earth imagery.
Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
AddressBoca Raton, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Terran Orbital