Title Processor Position
Terrain Title & Escrow Company is looking for qualified candidates to join our team full-time as Title Processors. With over forty years of combined experience, we handle a wide variety of real estate settlements including: refinances, resale purchases, new construction, reverse mortgages, and commercial transactions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process incoming file registrations to include: reviewing documents and sales contracts, entering data into software program, obtaining property tax information, and requesting title information
- Review abstracts and clear title; liens, judgments etc.
- Processes cases through settlement
- Coordinates with agents, lenders, and/or sellers, and buyers to obtain any outstanding information, including payoffs and/or HOA or condominium association information.
- Reviews all incoming information and documents for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to title work, surveys, trust agreements, and wills
- Correct any existing title problems, e.g. unreleased trusts, Mechanics Liens, and Judgments
- Prepares all settlement documents, including but not limited to the CD (Closing Disclosure) Settlement Statement
- Coordinates with lenders to get lenders' documents, completes information on lenders' documents, reviews all lender instructions, and complies with all terms at or before settlement
- Prepares preliminary disbursement sheet and updates when CD is changed at settlement
- Calculate and confirm taxes
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to effectively multi-task
- Candidate must have or be willing to acquire a title producer license
- Working knowledge of Qualia preferred, but not required
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- 401K- matched after 1 year of employment
Terrain Title & Escrow Company
Owings Mills, MD