TerraSlate Waterproof Paper & Menus in Denver has an immediate opening for a full-time graphic artist to join our team. This designer will primarily be tasked with designing and laying out new menus for our restaurant and hospitality clients.
Applicant should be well versed in working with Adobe Create suite software and have some knowledge of layout, design, and printing. Meeting client deadlines and delivering quality work are the keys to success in this role.
Must have a good phone voice and email communication skills as you will be working directly with our top clients from around the United States. Must also have the ability to manage multiple clients at one time and be willing to follow up with them regularly - even when it's "their turn" to respond.
The role will be primarily focused on restaurant menu design with other graphics work sprinkled in (invites, thank you letters, cards, car wraps, signage, website images, online ads, etc). Other tasks include making 2-up or multi-up, print-ready files, file adjustment and alignment, color matching, formatting, font matching, and logo design.
Job Requirements: Education/Certification:
- Full cycle design/production experience from the idea stage through the delivery of final design/product
- Ability to design and layout files for print with crop marks and bleed
- Ability to answer phones and talk directly with clients about design work
- Ability to sell design projects to potential customers sover the phone and via email
- Give helpful consultation to clients on design ideas and ways to improve their "look"
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Proficiency with the use and operation of Mac computers
- Professionalism, creativity, and flexibility in dealing with multiple deadlines and rush requests daily.
- Answering the phone, answer the customer's questions, and/or transfer the call to the correct person.
- Attention to detail and high-level organizational skills.
- Willingness to participate in peer design reviews and be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Ability to work be efficient with your time and work under pressure to meet client deadlines
- Self-starter that can find something productive to do at any moment of the day
- Develop and maintain a wide variety of traditional branded marketing collateral, including brochures, flyers, presentations, signage, advertising, and trade show materials
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field is preferred
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and reliable transportation to work is required
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug test
- Ability to work with teams and clients of all ages and backgrounds
Required competencies for the successful candidate include:
Business Acumen: Mastery skills in understanding the business, being agile and applying expertise in communication and working with diverse groups of people and skillsets.
Personal Credibility & Integrity: Demonstrate excellence in professionalism, professional communication, presence, a high degree of integrity, and willingness/strength to do the right thing in difficult situations.
Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; gains trust quickly; has a good sense of timing.
Composure: Cool under pressure, doesn't become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Corporate branding experience
- Design and layout for print
- Menu design and print production experience
- Experience invoicing and billing clients for work performed
(2+) Years of prior experience in an intensive graphic design role
$15.00-$15.50 per hour based on experience and depth of knowledge with a $0.25 per hour raise possible every three months (end of the quarter) based on merit and performance
All employees must work from our offices (no work from home) 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday.
Must be able to be at work on time every day. Occasional overtime is offered. Role is 100% in an office environment with some access to digital printing and print production work based on the needs of the business.
This is not a work from home position. You must be in the office daily.
Please include a link to some examples of your professional work. Menu examples are a plus.