Senior Level Environmental Scientist Engineer
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
TerraGraphics Environmental Engineering, Inc. has an opportunity for a senior-level Environmental Scientist or Engineer. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual capable of working well on a team and independently in a fast-paced environment. The position requires leading a small technical team of scientists using application of scientific principles delivered through proficient technical writing, to aid the Department of Energy (DOE) in achieving CERCLA remedial or permitting decisions on the Hanford Site. Qualified applicants for this position will be screened for active positions and placed on a roster for potential future openings based out of our Pasco office with work occurring at the DOE Hanford Site.
Work on our team may include:
- Applying your experience in planning, authoring, and designing CERCLA remedial investigations and remedial actions.
- Playing a lead role in authoring and facilitating client/agency reviews of environmental decision documents.
- Facilitating systematic planning sessions
- Work in an interdisciplinary team to develop environmental documentation needed for clean up or operation of the Hanford Site.
- Cooperatively working with DOE, Ecology, and EPA in meetings and workshops.
- Applying independent initiative in providing and executing solutions for our customers in a remote setting, while functioning as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Using your experience-based understanding of contaminant fate and transport, human health and ecological risk analysis, and technical writing to provide leadership among peers and mentorship of junior employees.
- BS/BA in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related science.
- 8-25 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the development of environmental documentation (i.e., permit applications, CERCLA documents, etc.)
- Experience with DQOs, Systematic Planning, Sampling and Analysis Plans, Proposed Plans, and Remedial Action Work Plans
- Experience in CERCLA remedial actions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record.
- MS in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related science.
- Experience with permit documentation development.
- Experience in fate and transport modeling as needed for air permitting.
- Hanford Site experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at TerraGraphics
Get fresh Environmental Scientist Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!