Director of Celebrations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TerraBella Senior Living is the proud operator of more than 20, amenity-, care- and lifestyle-focused communities located throughout the Carolinas, Virginia and Georgia. TerraBella communities together account for more than 1,500 units and span a full spectrum of senior living and care options, including Active Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and available, short-term Respite Care.
TerraBella Senior Living is looking for a Director of Celebrations to join our community_______________________.
In this role you will develop and oversee resident services, including planning and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, wellbeing, engagement and growth
- Plans, schedules and conducts lifestyle programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
- Plans appropriate programs for holidays and special events.
- Recruits and develops additional resources for services to the residents. Initiates correspondence including public relations communications with outside organizations, service groups and volunteers.
- Advises and motivates residents regarding appropriate individual and group activities based on resident interests and opportunities for growth.
- Prepares and organizes a calendar of events. Submits the calendar to the Executive Director for final approval. Posts and distributes the calendar.
- Develops and prints the community newsletter.
- Provides leadership of lifestyle program.
- Coordinates the community library.
- Purchases and maintains equipment and supplies in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares preliminary draft of Celebrations Operating Budget.
- Organizes and supervises a volunteer staff.
- Addresses resident groups and other groups on subjects of common interest.
- Maintains a database and prepares reports on resident quality assurance assessments, participation and satisfaction.
- Supervises staff of Recreation and Event Coordinators across the multiple levels of service in a retirement community.
- Participates in community in-services.
- Demonstrates competence in Federal, State and Local regulations, requirements for skilled nursing, assisted living and/or independent living as applicable; ensures compliance.
- Develops, facilitates and analyzes resident surveys to determine ongoing activities are in place that meet the resident interests.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates appropriate mixed group activities.
- Develops and facilitates daily displays of activities on bulletin boards and/or kiosks in lobbies, elevators, dining rooms and other resident and team member communication centers.
- Maintains a robust public relations program in support of the activities programming and community relations.
- Implements and facilitates a volunteer recognition program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises employees in the Celebrations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Associate degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, Education, Gerontology, Social Work, Adult Education.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Two years supervisory/management experience.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, TerraBella offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off, and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in TerraBella Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
HealthcareView all jobs at TerraBella Salisbury