Executive Sous Chef
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Sous Chef for a New-to-Market QSR
Who we are:
Terra Mediterrania is a new, well-funded company with a big vision to grow our business by expanding our concept to various markets. We’ve spent the last 2 years designing a unique QSR concept, introducing an efficient, modern, and innovative kitchen, and serving quality Mediterranean food. Our first location is set to open in early May.
To create a professional, inclusive, fun and productive work environment. To work hard every day, making every effort to learn from each other, motivate and empower our team and provide an opportunity to grow with us.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
To manage the operation of a kitchen in a fast-paced/Quick Service Restaurant setting. Ensure quality of food, portion control, appearance and timely preparation of the restaurant menu. Control all food that leaves the kitchen for take out and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stays current and maintains the proper knowledge of requirements, protocols and steps necessary of DOH inspections
- Execution of current menu items
- Supervision of the Kitchen and Prep staff, conduct performance reviews at regular intervals for feedback and learning
- Manage team building and corrective actions when necessary
- Perform thorough line checks prior to each shift
- Interview, hire and train new team members when positions become available
- Work in a high-volume kitchen and be able to handle the pressure of busy service times while not sacrificing the quality, efficiency and consistency of dishes
- Maintain clean, sanitized and organized workstations each shift while observing DOH guidelines at all times
- Taste and review products daily to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Maintains food quality control and ensures proper food rotation (FIFO)
- Assist with ordering and inventory, have working knowledge of inventory ordering systems
- Familiar with P&L statements, assist in monitoring cost of goods
- Assist Culinary Director in making weekly BOH schedule and maintaining low labor cost
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications
- Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance with New York Health Department standards for Food Service Employees.
- Able to meet physical demands such reach, bend, stoop and frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. as well as standing on your feet for up to 8 hours in a loud and warm temperature environment
- Current NY food handlers permit
- Ability to speak and read English and conversational Spanish
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to ongoing changes
- Strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills (can smell and taste)
- Must be able to communicate clearly with upper management
- Great leadership abilities with positive people skills and a friendly attitude
- Attention to cleanliness and safety in accordance with all government agencies
- Sensitivity to Food Allergies/Intolerances
- Works well on own and with a team, communicative, attentive
- Motivated, energetic, stress tolerance
- Ability to multi-task with a high awareness and attention to details
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Corporate Sous Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.