Direct staff of Service Department of branch to provide quality service to all customers.
- Direct, monitor, and motivate staff of the branch service department to provide quality service to all customers in a timely manner.
- Provide continuing, up-to-date training of branch service and sales personnel.
- Inspect termite and pest control work done by the branch personnel to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Respond to customer complaints.
- Contact pending cancellations in an attempt to retain the account.
- Maintain current awareness of number of customers remaining to be serviced in the month.
- Personally, take over responsibility of servicing a pest route in case of the lack of sufficient pest control technicians.
- Maintain inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 or 4 year degree strongly preferred
- 1-2 years related experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of dry chemicals and pesticides.
- Familiar with DOT rules and regulations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
- Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
- Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned , or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
- Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
- Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
- Exposure to animals and insects.
- Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
- Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.