Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding homes in Eastern North Carolina and Tidewater Virginia for more than 85 years.
What is this role about?
Our Pest Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers within your assigned territory.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, Pest Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing their pest control treatments. Technicians also offer customers on their route additional products and services that may be beneficial, which presents a great opportunity to earn commissions on top of a very attractive base salary.
Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Applying pest control treatments to structures according to schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Responding on a timely basis to customers' requests for telephone and in-person service calls + calling customers to confirm scheduled services.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to sell additional Terminix products or services
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The following are much more important…
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to sales and service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (re-breathers have to be able to seal to your face) our Pest Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive, paid training.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles. We love to promote from within the company.
- 401K and Health Insurance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Accruing vacation/sick time.
Please respond with your resume or call: 910-824-1504.