.Net Web Developer
Terminix Service, Inc. Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
Terminix Service, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time .Net Web Developer to join our team in Columbia SC. The .Net Web Developer is involved in providing support to build and maintain applications. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with enterprise level experience looking to work for a stable company in a dynamic environment. Note: all work will be performed in the Terminix Service Inc Home office in Columbia SC.
- Primarily build and maintain applications developed on a modern Microsoft stack (ASP.Net MVC) with a DB2 backend.
- Developing mobile/iPad applications.
- Analyze user needs to implement site content, graphics, performance and capacity. Performing web site updates
- Writing and designing web page content in ASP.NET
- Conferring with management to prioritize needs and resolve conflicts
- Backing up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery
- Identifying problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback
- Evaluating code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured and meets standards
- Maintaining understanding of current web technologies or programming practices
- Analyzing user needs to determine technical requirements
- Developing test routines and schedules
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As a Web Developer you must be a flexible designer who is open to adjustments, critique and reinvention. In addition to working well independently, you must also operate successfully in a team-oriented and collaborative environment. Ideal candidates have strong application development experience, great problem solving skills and a desire to join forces with a dynamic and fun enterprise of talented IT professionals like you!
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly with the development team, project staff, and the user community.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Stable work history with experience in the full software life cycle.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required; Or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Two + years of ASP.NET Developer experience
- Candidate should be expert coder in both visual interfaces and web services construction. In addition, they should be expert in the most effective and efficient product development using: C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF or Web API, REST or SOAP API web services and SQL This includes code development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF or Web API, REST or SOAP API web services and SQL
- Experience with AJAX, Angular, jQuery or a similar library
- Knowledge of KnockoutJS or a similar library, a plus
- Knowledge of PDF/Excel/Charting libraries, a plus
- Project Management experience, a plus
- Mobile experience, a plus
We also offer health insurance, dental insurance, a flexible spending account, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation days, a 401k plan, a profit-sharing plan, short-term disability, long-term disability, dependent care deductions, college scholarships for dependents, etc. If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, please fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly application.
ABOUT TERMINIX SERVICE, INC.
Under the ownership of the Knox family since 1947, Terminix Service, Inc. is a locally-owned franchise of Terminix International. Headquartered in Columbia, SC., we provide exceptional pest control services from 56 branches across South Carolina, western North Carolina, and the CSRA region of Georgia. We are a unique blend of a family business and major corporation. We are the largest Terminix franchise and are continually recognized for being among the top 10 pest control companies in the country. But don't let size overwhelm you. Our senior leadership is from the second and third generations of the Knox family. When you join the Terminix Service team, you're among family. We invest in the people and communities where our employees live and work. We are not just in the BUG business, we're in the PEOPLE business.
We believe in hiring extraordinary people and providing them with the opportunities and benefits that they need to reach both professional and personal success. As a family business, we know that our success comes from our people. Nearly half of our employees have worked with us for more than five years. Our generous profit-sharing model results in annual bonus opportunities. Our employees enjoy flexibility, family-friendly schedules, and the opportunity for advancement. Please apply today!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Terminix Service, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Terminix Service, Inc.