Teresa House, Inc. Rochester, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Nursing Director will report to the Board of Directors in writing on a monthly basis and will be supervised by the Medical Director and the Board.
1. Main Function
To organize and direct all nursing and volunteer-related areas of the Teresa House comfort care program.
2. Hours of Work
As a part-time salaried employee, and due to the nature of the job responsibilities, the Nursing Director is expected to work as needed to fulfill the objectives of the House. The Nursing Director’s primary responsibility is understood to be resident care. This includes attending wakes/funerals/calling hours, speaking engagements, continuing education classes, professional meetings and ensuring that staffing is adequate to provide for the safety and comfort of the residents and volunteers. There are periods when there are no residents in the care of Teresa House. During this time it is expected that the Nursing Director will be working, performing the duties of the position. (Hours are determined by the needs of the house- 30 hours per week anticipated. Generally Monday - Friday).
We are looking for an R.N. with a minimum of 3 years in hospice/end of life care.
Some of the basic responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
· Report to the Board monthly
· Fill in for volunteers, as needed
· Provide resident care
· Supervise resident care
· Attend wakes/funerals
· Public speaking only on occasion
· Organize, coordinate, and lead staff meetings
· Attend outside meetings
· Ensure house is staffed
· Monitor and order medications, as needed
· Update Care Plan as needed
· Make sound nursing decisions
· Evaluate referrals for possible admittance
· Provide on-call coverage and fill in shifts when there is a volunteer shortage
· Bereavement support (follow up)
· Supervise Volunteer coordinator
· Assist with scheduling nurses and volunteers, in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator
· Assist with recruiting (to include displaying sign) and training volunteers
· Providing training to nurses and volunteers
· Assist with public display (sign) that indicates a need for new volunteers
· Assist with volunteer recognition
· Assist with the pairing of volunteers appropriately
· Maintain personnel records
· Dress appropriately
· Monitor Cash flow – approve invoices for payment
· Assist with writing grants
· Prepare annual performance evaluations for nurses and Volunteer Coordinator
· Report time to payroll company (submit employee time sheets) in absence of Administrator
· Make weekly deposits and write checks in the absence of Administrator
· Assist with housekeeping
· Insure adequate and appropriate groceries are available
· Assist with monitoring house maintenance
· Assist with family counseling, as needed
· Knowledge of office equipment
· Open mail and complete Mail Log
· Email Teresa House updates to volunteers
· Assist with Newsletter
· Assist with acknowledgements
· Monitor gift cards and petty cash flow
· Organize annual Memorial Service
Teresa House, Inc.Why Work Here?
Flexible schedule, extraordinary mission, important service to the community, friendly staff & volunteers!
Teresa House, a two resident bedroom home, offers a comfort care ministry to residents who are nearing the end of a terminal illness, and to their families, by providing a home environment of love, dignity and support. A volunteer/staff extended family cares for the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of the resident and their family during the last precious days of life, and extends into the bereavement process. Devoted to assuring dignity for the dying, Teresa House opened its doors on May 10, 1993 and became an independent not-for-profit organization in January, 1996. Since that time, we have cared for over 453 residents and their families.
21 Highland Rd.Rochester, NY