Senior Environmental Data Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tepa, LLC, is a shared services organization owned by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians - a federally recognized Native American tribe in California. Tepa provides common leadership, administration and management for tribally-owned small businesses to ensure clients receive the greatest efficiencies, cost benefits and quality. The independent companies, known as the Tepa Companies, offer diverse services, including construction, engineering, environmental, industrial and technology services. Established in 2005, the Tepa Companies employ people in offices across the United States, including California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri and Texas. Tepa, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workforce.
When you join Tepa, you have the opportunity to expand your entrepreneurial skill set while growing professionally alongside the best in the industry. You will have the opportunity to impact your team, the organization as a whole and subsequently, our Tribe.
We seek out top talent to provide the best services for our clients. We focus on being a responsible company for our employees and their families by creating a culture that reflects our core values and offering competitive pay and benefits packages.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Environmental Data Analyst will work alongside Senior Scientists, Geologists, Engineers, Project Managers, and Technical Experts on various activities in support of diverse environmental investigation and restoration projects. They will contribute to the development and implementation of a strategic data management plan for Tehama’s emerging contaminant technical program, including environmental investigations related to per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and other emerging contaminants. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of complex environmental data management systems, creation of custom analytic tools including statistical and trend analysis, development of advanced automated data reporting tools, development of visualization products based on client data specifications, data gap analysis and environmental research, and the development and execution of automated production workflows. Candidate should possess a thorough working knowledge of environmental science including a wide variety of data software products, as well as outstanding attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills. Because this position will be responsible for mission critical data development in an often fast paced environment, prospective candidate shall also display professionalism in interfacing with clients and customers under pressure, and possess strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. The candidate shall exercise discretion and confidentiality when handling “Controlled” data sets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop custom multi-user environmental data management systems supporting large volumes of PFAS and other contaminant analytical results.
- Provide real-time data tracking and manage large environmental databases within multiple software types and Government server applications.
- Develop custom data management tools for environmental data standardization, analysis, QA/QC, reporting, and visualization.
- Develop and modify automated data and visualization production workflows.
- Support data dashboard tools by developing custom data analytical tools.
- Perform data analysis, trend/gap analysis, data processing and analysis, database design, implementation and operations.
- Interfacing with internal business teams and clients to help define requirements, propose solutions, develop code, and assist with implementation.
- Learn, understand, and evaluate software tools and methodologies, document and train production and QA/QC workflows for custom developed software and web applications.
- Conduct data mining and analysis from disparate data sources, evaluate, and incorporate into environmental databases.
- Conduct data quality assurance review and data gap analysis for large environmental datasets.
- Creation of custom software scripts, tools, and applications for various data processing requirements.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Geographic Information Sciences, Data Analytics, Information Sciences, or related field
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience with data management system development, data analysis, transformation, scripting, and custom tools for environmental data management
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience and training with Air Force ERPIMS (Environmental Restoration Program Information Management System)
- Experience working with DOD restoration programs and or risk assessment projects
- Experience with ESRI GIS software and processes preferred
- Experience with environmental field data collection methods
- Experience developing advanced data queries and transformations
- Strong team player capable of adapting to a changing work environment
- Willingness to learn new software, procedures, and workflow processes, and train team in programming and code.
- Ability to meet quality and performance standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and short deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must poses a government-issued Common Access Card (CAC) or pass background check for the purpose of obtaining a CAC
AddressWest Sacramento, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Tepa
Get fresh Environmental Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.