- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A little bit about us…
Tepa, LLC, is a shared services organization owned by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians. Tepa provides common leadership, administration and management for tribally-owned certified small businesses to ensure clients receive the greatest efficiencies, cost benefits and quality. The independent businesses, known as the Tepa Companies, offer a diverse portfolio of services, including construction, environmental, technology, industrial, engineering and professional staffing solutions. Established in 2005, the Tepa Companies employ more than 400 people in offices across the United States, including California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri and Texas. Find out more about the Tepa Companies at Tepa.com. Tepa, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workforce.
Now, about you…
Our Construction Services Division is actively seeking a Laborer to assist with current projects. As a Laborer, you will perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, heavy construction, excavation, and demolition project sites. You may be required to operate a variety of equipment and instruments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies and operates hand and power tools as needed, including air hammers, earth tampers, concrete mixers, small mechanical hoists, saws, power drills, skid steers, fork lifts, and a variety of other equipment and instruments
- Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, including rubble and debris
- Controls passing traffic
- Signals Equipment Operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of equipment
- Assists Electrician with loading, transporting, unloading, and furnishing materials, tools and supplies
- Restocks worksite supplies and materials as necessary
- Identifies and follows safe working procedures
- Identifies and stops unsafe work practices that present imminent danger to themselves and others
- Performs other physical labor and responsibilities as assigned, including, but not limited to: digging ditches and trenches, backfilling excavations, sealing structural components, measuring and recording areas, unloading and identifying materials, pouring concrete, setting braces to support the sides of excavations, assisting Electricians
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of general construction experience, including exposure to utility work, earth work, and/or concrete work
- Some experience operating equipment and hand tools
- Some experience with hoisting and rigging
- Some experience with surveying and grading
- Medium voltage electrical or pipe laying experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of excavation and backfilling methods, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures specific to labor work, including OSHA standards
- Ability to pass required drug screen and background check
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends as required
- Ability to gain access to military installations and facilities if applicable
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
AddressBeale Air Force Base, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Tepa