Heavy Duty Commercial Truck Technician
- Posted: 19 days ago
What Employees Love about Tenvoorde Ford
- Daily/Weekly engagement with ownership/management team – we take every opportunity to listen and make our team feel valued. This is where our best ideas come from.
- GUARANTEED 40 HOUR WORK WEEK PLUS FLAT RATE INCENTIVE PAY
- Upward mobility – Tenvoorde Ford is growing, and other positions are needed as we continue to grow as a company.
- Positive, family-oriented culture where great careers are born – Employees are proud to work at Tenvoorde Ford, great work-life balance, benefits and knowing your contributions make the difference.
- Benefits: Paid time off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) program, employee discounts
- Monday – Friday 1st shift – no nights, no weekends.
- Employee contests – SPIFF’s
- Standard benefits options (medical/dental/vision etc.)
- Local Mechanics Union Membership
- Learning new skills – Paid Ford Certification Training
- Uniforms provided
The Tenvoorde Family is seeking an amazing Heavy-Duty Commercial Truck Technician!
Have you been told you’re the person that can fix anything and everything? Bored with general maintenance and oil changes? Are you looking for a career that offers stability, opportunity and a better work-life mix? If so, we are looking for someone just like you! Due to Ford Motor Company’s Commercial vehicle product mix and Tenvoorde Ford’s commercial vehicle departments sales success, we are having substantial growth in Heavy-Duty vehicles needing service and repairs. Ford Commercial sales projects continued growth for many years to come. This is an opportunity to get trained by Ford, have dealer provided heavy duty equipment, have virtually endless work AND get paid Diesel and Heavy-Duty incentive pay for qualified Technicians!
What does a Heavy-Duty Commercial Truck Technician Do?
- Diagnose and repair Diesel/Heavy-Duty vehicles.
- Deliver a world-class buying experience by utilizing modern technology to communicate with the parts department and advisors.
- Become a repair expert to help assist other technicians with difficult problems – we are looking for team players.
- Champion the Heavy-Duty repair department to best serve our customers.
- Be the “go-to” person for all Heavy-Duty questions
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with the Parts Department, Advisors, Service Manager and General Manager. in fulfilling the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the organization.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Diesel/Heavy-Duty vehicles.
- Prioritize and plan work-flow to meet customer needs and department demands
- Coordinate with Parts Department to ensure parts availability to complete repairs.
- Road test vehicles to verify problems and again to inspect repair results
- Complete service and repair assignments correctly to pass quality inspection – “fix it right the first time”
- Recommend additional services that vehicle will need according to Ford standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate with advisors to help explain completed repairs to a customer
- Must be willing to use personal device to take photos and/or videos of broken/worn parts. Photos/Videos are transferred within 3rd party app, no personal information is shared with customer – only the photos and videos uploaded.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality goals.
- Must be a “team player”
- Exceptional ability to learn and grow
- Amazing work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn from veteran staff
- Outstanding ability to work with a team and take direction
- Ability and willingness to adopt modern technology into repair process for a better customer experience.
- At leas 1-3 years of experienced as a Diesel and/or Heavy-Duty Vehicle Technician
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma/Industry Certification equivalent required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in use of common mechanic shop tools including computerized equipment.
- Ability to bend, move, lift and physically perform duties in the scope of this position.
Good to Know Before You Start!
- Be prepared to work hard and be rewarded!
- Tenvoorde Ford customers get the highest level of customer service and a world-class experience by fixing the vehicles in a timely manner and fixing it right the first time.
- Basic computer skills are needed
- You will walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist, etc. for extended periods of time and perform activities involving holding, grasping, pulling and turning
- Working in a indoor shop but you will need to retrieve vehicles parked outdoors.
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings
- Come to work with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Tenvoorde Ford, Inc.
AddressSaint Cloud, MN
AutomotiveView all jobs at Tenvoorde Ford, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?