Remote Mid-Level DevOps Engineer
Tentek, Inc. Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Client location: Orlando, FL
Work location: 100% Remote (east coast hours)
Duration of Assignment: 15+ months
W2 Only Position
The Systems Engineer is a critical member of the Technical Operations Team. They are responsible for end-to-end technical support of complex enterprise-scale applications which use a variety of technologies both on-premises and in the cloud. Their work includes day-to-day operations working with business units to plan, design, and implement systems as well as monitoring ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and automation. This role will apply systems reliability engineering principles, DevOps practices, and ITSM service operation disciplines that facilitate a highly efficient, highly available production environment
• Utilizes skills and experience provision enterprise-scale software and services both on-premises and in the cloud. This includes combining the right combination of cloud and on-prem resources for any given product/solution.
• Utilizes skills and experience to provide technical leadership with OS performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Utilizes skills and experience to provide technical leadership assist with web/application server configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering, and debugging.
• Utilizes skills and experiences to act as a liaison to the DevOps process with project delivery team. Evaluates new applications/systems for both operational best practices and technical feasibility against current operational standards.
• Participates in major incidents by providing technical leadership to interpret data from OS, applications, middleware stacks, and performance management tools. When engaged, takes responsibility for identifying the point-of-failure and to restoring normal service operation.
• Works in a team responsible for Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, IT Operations Control, Change Evaluation, and Change Fulfillment.
• Assists in creating concise and accurate documentation for Level 1 and Level 2 teams so they can achieve the resolution of simple to moderate incidents/issues without escalation.
• Part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
• 3+ years’ or progressively more in-depth experience in a role supporting and/or deploying enterprise-scale solutions which demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 2+ years’ experience deploying and/or supporting systems and applications in a cloud environment, with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure strongly preferred.
• Proven expertise setting-up, operating, and tuning a variety of performance management and monitoring tools such as: AppDynamics, SiteScope, Splunk, New Relic, Grafana, etc.
• Proven experience working with multiple operating systems, including a variety of Linux distros, as well as containerized application deployment strategies such as Docker, ECS, AKS/Kubernetes, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of how to configure and use code management, configuration, and deployment tools, including: Chef, Rundeck, Jenkins, git, github, Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of certificate management for a variety of solutions and use-cases, including SSL/TLS and client certificates, for both on-prem and cloud solutions.
• Demonstrated understanding of full-stack application operational concepts such as: Java applications & middleware, NodeJS, Angular, React, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of computer networks and network infrastructure, including: HTTP, TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, routing, switching, and load balancing.
• Familiarity with current software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts and best-practices and CI/CD pipelines.
• Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, especially incident management, problem management, and knowledge management. ITIL Certification is desired.
• Familiarity with problem analysis best practices, especially Kepner-Tragoe.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a track record that demonstrates the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills that enable working in a fast-paced team that is self-motivated to independently complete tasks on multiple projects simultaneously.
Tentek, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great place to work, friendly teams, long-term projects!
TenTek has been in business since 1989, and is recognized as a leading staffing provider of tech professionals to a growing client base.