Tension Corporation Saint Clair, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tension Envelope Corporation
Reports To: Production Lead/Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Envelope Folding Machine Adjuster is responsible for producing quality product on an Envelope Folding Machine. This includes machine set-up, problem solving, a focus on quality and manufacturing processes, preventative maintenance and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Changes the machine from one style and size envelope to the other styles and sizes with the least amount of downtime.
- Maintains the quality of the product being manufactured. This includes folding, printing, gumming, latexing, and any other attachments being put on the envelope.
- Seeks appropriate approvals (OK's) on every job that is manufactured on the equipment.
- Actively participates and supports lean activities.
- Gathers all of the necessary parts and attachments at the machine prior to the time of a machine change, where it is practical to reduce downtime.
- Seeks advice from management when quality is being jeopardized for machine speed.
- Ensures that the proper seal gum, back gum, window gum, or any other special gum is the correct gum for the job being manufactured.
- Keeps accurate records of repair work, changes, etc.
- Observes the machine to see if there are any visible signs of parts wearing out. If so, notes such and notifies the department supervisor.
- Reviews each job for a better way to manufacture.
- Maintains good housekeeping in machine area.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Works as a team member with the operator, floor operator, and adjusters in other departments and on other shifts.
- Required to perform scheduled maintenance on the machines.
- Performs related work as required.
Qualified candidate must possess a strong mechanical background. This position requires basic math skills, add, subtract, multiply and divide using all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Machine Adjusters must have the ability to handle stress because of time constraints, apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. They must have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Machine Adjusters must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos as well as the ability to write simple correspondence. Machine Adjusters must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization. Machine Adjusters must be able to make decisions due to changes in the plant environment, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be available for shift work including but not limited to night and day shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)..
To apply for open positions go to: tensioncorp.com/careers
Tension CorporationWhy Work Here?
Tension is a leading national manufacturer and marketer of custom envelope products, fulfillment packaging systems and pharmacy automation.
Tension established itself selling promotional material and other printed goods that would meaningfully connect its clients and their customers. This expertise in building connections via mailing, shipping and printing processes remains true today. Tension is a leader and stable partner in an ever-evolving industry and is one of the oldest family-owned and -operated companies in the country.
AddressSaint Clair, PA