Youth Treatment Counselor
- Posted: December 05, 2022
Be Courageous…Have Grit…Show Compassion…Share Joy…Do What’s Best For Kids and Families
Sound like you? If so, you belong with us! Tennyson Center for Children is in search of a Youth Treatment Counselor—to help kids and families who may otherwise be forgotten! We need you to join in our vision and passion to serve and positively impact the lives of children across Colorado.
The Youth Treatment Counselor collaborates within the framework of the educational and treatment team in the completion of instructional activities and behavior management in keeping with each child's IEP and treatment plans. The Youth Treatment Counselor individualize academic and social emotional support for each student in classroom.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds not just because it’s the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger.
Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and interested in becoming a special education teacher? Tennyson Center covers expenses for eligible employees as we partner with Aspire – Alternative Teacher Licensure Program so you can become a credentialed teacher.
Aside from assisting our youngest community, here is what else we offer:
*New Hire Sign on Bonus: $500 after 90 days; additional $1000 after 180 days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Options (Kaiser, Delta Dental, EyeMed)
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Health Plan)
- Generous PTO + 13 paid holidays
- Retirement Plan with the Pension Fund: Tennyson will match up to 4% of annual salary
- Voluntary Benefits through Colonial Life: Accident, Cancer, Disability, Critical Illness, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Development Assistance
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information, go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/student-loan-forgiveness-programs
- Implement treatment plans and IEP's in an appropriate manner as directed by the clinician and teacher. Provide clean, safe and therapeutic learning environments by providing one on one tutoring, small group instruction, and maintenance of student engagement in academic and social emotional learning.
- Provide a therapeutic balance of hierarchy and affiliation, demonstrating an understanding of the emotional needs of the children at all times. Implement TCC procedures for behavior management (both verbal and non-verbal) and physical management, balancing client’s needs for structure, nurturing, learning and recreation.
- Assist with classroom management strategies implemented with the collaboration of the educational, clinical, and student engagement specialists. Ensure positive behavior supports are being implemented on a milieu and individual level of all students.
- B.A. degree in Human Services/related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in an educational setting with special needs children K-12 preferred.
- All candidates must have or qualify to obtain a current Colorado driver’s license (Must obtain license within 30 days of employment)
- All positions require criminal CBI background check, FBI fingerprint check, State of CO child abuse check, DMV driving record check, pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical, academic credential verification, and reference check.
Must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Tennyson Center for Children currently does not sponsor work visas.
Tennyson Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, conditions relating to pregnancy or childbearing, and/or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. If you have any questions, please email our team at HRServices@Tennysoncenter.org. We appreciate your interest in Tennyson Center for Children.
Tennyson Center For Children
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?