Special Education Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
- $46,000 to $55,000 Yearly
Be Courageous…Have Grit…Show Compassion…Share Joy…Do What’s Best For Kids and Families
Sound like you? If so, you belong with us! Tennyson Center for Children is in search of a Special Education Teacher—to help kids and families who may otherwise be forgotten! We need you to join in our vision and passion to serve and positively impact the lives of children across Colorado.
Special Education Teacher provides classroom instruction to students with a wide range of learning, emotional and behavioral disabilities. The Special Education Teacher adapts, modifies, and provide engaging instructional opportunities for students with significant educational and behavioral support needs as identified on the Individual Education Program (IEP).
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds not just because it’s the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger.
Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and interested in becoming a special education teacher? Tennyson Center covers expenses for eligible employees as we partner with Aspire – Alternative Teacher Licensure Program so you can become a credentialed teacher.
Aside from assisting our youngest community, here is what else we offer:
*New Hire Sign on Bonus: $1000 after 90 days; additional $1500 after 180 days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Options (Kaiser, Delta Dental, EyeMed)
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Health Plan)
- Generous PTO + 13 paid holidays
- Retirement Plan with the Pension Fund: Tennyson will match up to 4% of annual salary
- Voluntary Benefits through Colonial Life: Accident, Cancer, Disability, Critical Illness, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Schedule
- Professional Development Assistance
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information, go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/student-loan-forgiveness-programs
- Identify student’s academic and instructional needs through formal and informal assessments.
- Provide differentiated classroom instruction aligned to student needs and grade level skills.
- Implement and align instruction to student’s individual IEP.
- Provide a clean, safe, and developmentally appropriate and therapeutic learning environment.
- Represent each student's academic, social, and emotional abilities and needs during child team meetings, IEP meetings and monthly child staffings.
- Create a positive learning environment and effective behavior management structures to purposefully promote and foster effective teaching and learning.
- Form trusting relationships with the children by forming a therapeutic alliance and demonstrating an appropriate and nurturing adult role model while setting limits and providing consistent structure.
- Monitor, evaluate and document each student’s progress utilizing appropriate measurements.
- Assist parents with understanding and supporting educational goals and appropriate developmental expectations.
- Assist in transition planning and activities associated with a students’ return to public school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education
- Valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Teaching License with Special Education Generalist or equivalent.
- TCI trained and TCI refreshers maintained during the course of employment.
- All candidates must have or qualify to obtain a current Colorado driver’s license (Must obtain license within 30 days of employment)
- All positions require criminal CBI background check, FBI fingerprint check, State of CO child abuse check, DMV driving record check, pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical, academic credential verification, and reference check.
Must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Tennyson Center for Children currently does not sponsor work visas.
Tennyson Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, conditions relating to pregnancy or childbearing, and/or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. If you have any questions, please email our team at HRServices@Tennysoncenter.org. We appreciate your interest in Tennyson Center for Children.
Tennyson Center For Children
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?