The Tennyson Center for Children is dedicated to helping children who have experienced severe abuse, neglect and/or trauma so they can bravely, and safely, change their life’s story. Our trained professionals have empowered children and families by providing a child-centered, customized approach to healing through our community-based, school, and/or residential programs. The primary goal of all our programs is to reintegrate our children back into safe families, supportive schools, and vibrant communities.
Responsible for preparing, serving and cleaning for full-service dietary operation, following all applicable health and licensing regulations in order to maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy environment.
• Assist in the preparation and service of food.
• Adhere to proper sanitation and kitchen safety program as defined by federal, state, local guidelines and rules including the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
• Complete checklists and follow standard operating procedures.
• Ensure food is properly stored based on federal, state and local nutritional standards and guidelines. Check the quality and temperature of food as required, record measurements and take corrective action as necessary.
• Assist in the daily cleaning of the kitchen and service areas which includes sweeping, mopping and trash removal.
• Operate, clean and sanitize food service equipment, pots, pans and utensils.
• Assist in cleaning of refrigerators, freezers and storerooms at regularly schedule intervals as designated.
• Rotate all kitchen duties. Must be able to work rotating weekends and holidays.
• Assist in the ordering of food and supplies and in stocking the food storage area, refrigerator and freezer.
• Assist in the unloading of delivery trucks.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Respect racial, ethnic and cultural differences of all clients and staff.
• Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Vocational training in food service and experience with USDA breakfast and school lunch program, preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in quantity food service cooking preferred.
- Must have (or qualify to obtain) a valid Colorado driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test, including marijuana.