Medical Assistant - $500 Sign On Bonus
Tennessee Cancer Specialists, PLLC Powell, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SCOPE: Under direct supervision, assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a clinical environment. Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures. Performs clinic support tasks including miscellaneous clerical tasks, answering phones, and maintaining physician’s schedule. Supports and adheres to Tennessee Cancer Specialists’ Code of Ethical Conduct and Compliance policies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested
- Assists with delegated patient education including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
- Obtains and processes blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, including but not limited to, hormones and biological growth factors
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN
- Schedules patient tests, procedures and hospital admissions and schedules appointments to follow-up on receipt of test results, as applicable
- Assists with select pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as needed
- Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician
- Maintains indigent drug program and sample drug program as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER HIPAA AND COMPLIANCE:
- Complies with this facilities’ privacy policies and procedures for the management of protected health information (PHI).
- Understands the meaning and all verbiage on our Notice of Privacy Practices, HIPAA Patient Acknowledgement and other commonly used HIPAA Forms.
- Is able to explain and discuss with patients, the meaning of the topics covered within our Notice of Privacy Practices, HIPAA Patient Acknowledgement and other commonly used HIPAA Forms.
- Promptly contacts the Privacy Officer to resolve disputes over privacy violations or to address questions regarding compliance with privacy policies.
- Understands when PHI might be compromised and brings these situations promptly to the attention of our HIPAA Compliance Officer.
- Understands that ignoring situations where PHI may have been potentially compromised comes with severe legal ramifications to both the practice and themselves.
- Is annually, or as needed, updated with regard to compliance with privacy policies.
- Completes training on privacy policies within 30 days after being hired, or before being assigned new duties involving protected health information (PHI), or changes to the practices’ privacy policies.
- Signs off on HI TECH Law training and complies when processing PHI, ePHI or ERH within the office while on the internet or with any other electronic communication.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant in a hospital or clinic setting
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment
Tennessee Cancer Specialists, PLLC
HealthcareView all jobs at Tennessee Cancer Specialists, PLLC