This field based Service Technician / Mechanic role will be a representative of Tennant Company, working with our customers to deliver solutions that create a cleaner safer world. Working onsite at our customer's facilities, you will maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs on Tennant battery/electrical-powered commercial cleaning products, including ride-on scrubber and sweeper machines, and provide quality customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure satisfaction with Tennant products.
This position offers benefits effective the 1st day of employment including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, paid holidays and vacation, and career growth opportunities. In addition, this position comes with a company service vehicle that you would bring home with you every night, cell phone, and laptop.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for repair and service on commercial floor care machines. Primarily servicing Tennant products but may also include some competitive products.
- Responsible for scheduling-work and repairing products at customer locations.
- Satisfy in a timely and complete fashion, all business reporting documentation including but not limited to: timesheets, repair orders, machine checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and repair order logs.
- Consistently present a professional image, both in personal appearance and condition of company equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair skills in mechanical and electrical systems. Many of our technicians have backgrounds in automotive mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, forklift technician, or as a field service technician working on mobile and electrical equipment.
- Ability to safely use hand and power shop tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in direct contact with customers on service-related activities preferred.
- Must display positive attitude and desire to satisfy customer requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Vocational school in automotive/diesel/electrical preferred.
- Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.