As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives
family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to
clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients
strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities
and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations
transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient
healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are
you ready to be part of our solutions?
Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to
redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and
leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Patient Service Center Representative II is responsible
for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently
handling the day to day operations relating to both Financial Clearance and
Scheduling of a patient. This includes
adherence to department policies and procedures related to verification of
eligibility/benefits, pre-authorization requirements, available payment
options, financial counseling and other identified financial clearance related
duties in addition to full scheduling duties.
Upon occasion, the PSC REP II may be only assigned to complex
pre-registration. The PSC REP II is
expected to develop a thorough understanding of assigned function(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
Include thefollowing. Others may be assigned.
Completes both scheduling functions and registration
functions with the patient for an upcoming visit during one call:
- Scheduling: Responsible for timely scheduling, providecallers with important information related to their appointment (i.e. Prepinformation for test, directions, order management etc.)
- Financial Clearance: up to and includingverifying patient demographic, insurance information and securing payment ofpatients financial liability/performing collection efforts
- If assigned to Order Management: verifies order is complete and matchesscheduled procedure. Includes indexing and exporting physicians orders tocorrect account number.
If assigned to complex Pre-Reg:
- Collect and verify required patient demographicand financial data elements, including determining a patient's financialresponsibility and securing pre-payment for future services/performingcollection efforts
- Create a complete pre-registrationaccount for an upcoming inpatient/surgical admission
- Completes all pre-certificationrequirements by obtaining authorization from insurer and/or healthcare facility
Other duties as assigned based on departmental needs
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be madeto enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a production drivencall-center environment
- Familiarity with working with dualcomputer monitors (may be required to use dual monitors)
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have working knowledge of Windowsbased computer environment
- Ability to multitask in multiple systems(financial clearance and scheduling) simultaneously
- Extensive multitasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communicationskills
Include minimumeducation, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Two plus years of college(two years in a professional, customer service-driven environment maysubstitute for two years of college), completion of related medicalcertification program
- Preferred: Telephone/call center experience
- Preferred: Pre-registration and/or scheduling experience
- Preferred: 2-3 years of customer service experience
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position,use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 0% travel may be required
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Title: Patient Service Center Representative II
Location: FL-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1905045078