Provides evaluation and direct
patient care for those individuals referred by their physician requiring
physical therapy services, whether on an inpatient or outpatient
basis. Staff LPT's also supervise LPTA's and PT aides, establish the plan
of care and goals of their patient's rehabilitative care. Staff LPT's must
be skilled in the use of all equipment utilized in patient care, provide timely
and accurate patient evaluation and treatment documentation and correspond
regularly with attending physicians. LPT utilizes knowledge of age appropriate guidelines to
provide care for the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
Provides in-services for other staff members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy with bachelors, master's or doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- New graduates are eligible for position, but require at least one year professional experience prior to acting as clinical supervisor for interning LPT students.
- Current license from SCPTA/South Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Outpatient Sports/Ortho experience and interest is preferred.
- Manual Therapy experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate motivation to grow a clinic, display ability to engage with physicians and actively participate in community events.
- Athletic Training experience is a plus but not required.
Work is performed in an office and clinical environment including inpatient and outpatient settings.
Job: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Organization: East Cooper Medical Center
Title: PHYSICAL THERAPIST, PRN ROTATING
Location: SC-Mount Pleasant
Requisition ID: 1905028518