We are looking for a competent Operating Room Nurse to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times. The RN will need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Assists surgeons and anesthesiologist and coordinates flow of equipment, supplies, and staff during a surgical procedure
- Assures patient safety throughout the perioperative phase of care.
- Participates in patient care planning, assessment, and nursing treatment.
- Provide surgical patient care by assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery.
- Monitoring the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
- Helps Maintain a sterile and safe surgical environment.
- Must have a current active CA RN license.
- BCLS Required: Desired PALS & CNOR
- Minimum one-year previous full-time experience in the operating room
- Assist with all aspects of a surgical procedure.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)