We are seeking for an outstanding Hospice Case Manager (RN) who will join our team in providing hospice care to the Portland community. We are looking to have a case manager who will not only lead the patients plan of care but also provide a tender bedside care experience to the patients during their visits. As a locally-owned hospice agency, we aim to offer a hospice service done the right way with our tender hearts. Come and join our team! We offer our nurses an ideal caseload with a direct clerical assistant, medical insurance, dental plan, retirement coverage and an opportunity to earn bonuses through achieving quality indicators.
JOB SUMMARY: Lead in planning, coordination and provision of hospice care in accordance with the patient’s plan of care. Provides excellent hands-on bedside care to achieve maximum comfort of patient during end of life care.
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed by the state with a minimum of 1 year nursing experience in home health, skilled nursing facility, memory care unit or hospice nursing. (AL/Memory Care Unit/SNF or HOSPICE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED)
- Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and social skills
- Must have the ability to extend a holistic care experience to achieve maximum comfort and dignity during the patient’s end of life journey.
- Ability build trusting relationships not only with the patient but with all the care team members involved in care
- Should be skillful in organization and in the principles of time management and have knowledge of case management processes
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate self-confidence and positive attitude toward self and others and maintain commitment and enthusiasm to goal achievement.
- Must be able to fulfill all training requirements per Hospice’s policy.
- Must be able to perform roles within the safety standards per Hospice’s Policy and Procedure and licensing standards.
- Must be able to represent Tenderly Hospice’s Tenderhearted Principles, Mission and Vision.
Why Work Here?
A homegrown hospice team in the service of the Portland community