Dental Practice Manager
Tend Fairfax, VA
Dental Practice Manager
Expired: September 19, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We're continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead studio team of 30+ staff including clinical and clerical personnel. This includes, but is not limited to: assigning tasks per scope of practice/job description and using/creating tools to ensure tasks are complete in support of the studio's goals, ability to identify gaps in performance and opportunities for coaching/additional training, performance management, both informal and formal check-ins and reviews.
- Ensures the practice operates optimally, effectively, efficiently and in accordance with established standards, across staffing, scheduling, inventory, and member experience. Works with the providers to communicate complex treatment plans and payment options to members.
- Oversee member experience in the studio to achieve or exceed NPS targets. Identify trends, solutions for improvement and where support is needed from Ops leadership.
- Drives practice productivity through KPIs and performance goals and works with leaders to make adjustments. Ability to come up with proposed solutions, utilize available resources/documents (i.e., checklists, SOPs) and QA consistently to ensure implementation was successful.
- Be present on the floor in the studio to direct and manage performance real-time.
- Collaborates with the studio teams to meet/exceed monthly revenue goals, NPS goals and expense projections.
- Addresses member complaints in a timely and compassionate manner.
- Assume accountability for achievement of balanced scorecard targets for the studio Partners with HQ teams, such as people & finance, to influence and introduce improvements across studio operations.
- Interacts with members to gain real-time feedback of their visit.
- Assists with member support, and perform other duties as needed by the studio.
- Leads practice team onboarding (i.e., both internal and external employees), training, and meetings, focused on studio performance, building alignment, culture, & collaboration.
- Performs random audits of member's charts in conjunction with Managing Dentist to confirm clinical quality is upheld by clinical staff and efficiency (i.e., time studies).
- Assess and make recommendations to ensure optimal comfort, safety, and compliance with regulatory bodies (OSHA).Controls the supply of medications, supplies and medical equipment.
- Partner with the People Team on hiring, retention, and performance management with collaboration & feedback from the Managing Dentist.
- Cultivates an exemplary customer experience for members and Tend staff and promotes effective communication skills across the team.
- Upholds cleanliness and organization of the facility through regular walk-throughs and addressing concerns.
- Sense of ownership over facility and studio equipment to ensure all needed items are operational and requesting support to address when needed.
- Manage all staff schedules to optimize the member experience, align with volume expectations, and meet studio performance targets.
- Sense of urgency and ownership around scheduling templates. This includes regular audits, partnering with the team to create same-day treatment opportunities, and urgency around scheduling treatment within 2 weeks of diagnosis.
- Ensures start/end of day procedures are followed with consistency.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience leading teams of 15+ staff in a high-growth, high-volume company in a healthcare or hospitality setting required.
- Experience partnering with providers delivering care to drive performance.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in management or operations required.
- Experience managing operational practices, people practices & programs, and budgets/financial targets.A strong commitment to hustle & demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A true people influencer & leader.
- Stellar problem-solving & organizational skills.
- A drive for constant professional development & growth within a growing organization.
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You'll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that's head and shoulders above the average practice. You'll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality - our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that's a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You'll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this job
HealthcareView All Tend Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.