Tenable is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Automation research team. This position will involve building and maintaining our framework for automated content creation, validation, and delivery
- Impact: You will help to solve real-world customer problems, as well as contributing to innovation in different shapes and forms. This team plays an integral role within our Tenable research department and is actively expanding so we can continue to drive innovation and make an impact on our products & customers.
- Grow as a professional: You will collaborate closely with highly-talented engineers whose backgrounds and expertise span across several different areas and interests. You will have a chance to learn from your job daily as well as those around you.
- Develop and maintain an automated system for testing and releasing content for Tenable products.
- Support a DevOps / CICD software delivery model.
- Collaborate with other teams in an Agile development environment.
- Incrementally improve the quality of our offerings.
- Open-minded culture: You will be joining a culture that values and encourages free sharing of ideas and team building. You will enjoy your work every day.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of software development experience in Python
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have a strong initiative and the ability to work both in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined focus on roadmap contribution and execution, willingness to shift priorities as needed
- Obsessed with quality and eager to learn
- Experience with BeauitulSoup
- Docker and AWS experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD process and tools for building, testing and delivering quality software in a scalable fashion
- Familiarity with industry best practices and code review
- Information Security experience
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.