Nanotechnology Chemist for Beauty and Personal Care Market
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TenEx continues to develop new, innovative, and disruptive technologies that have a wide array of applications across several industries. The company was founded with this principle and has established itself initially and primarily servicing the Oil & Gas industry. The nanotechnologist will identify potential new applications for all Tenex products within the Beauty & Personal Care market.
We are currently seeking an extremely motivated scientist with a chemistry or material science background to work in our headquarters / lab facility in Berwyn, PA. The selected candidate will work with an elite team on rapidly bringing new products to the beauty industry, with the ability to expand into other markets and applications. This position will report to the President and CEO and is based at our Headquarters / R&D Facility located in Berwyn, PA. The candidate must have experience in nanoparticle technology & formulation work. The preferred candidate would be a thought leader in terms of strategy and future product development (leadership potential) as well as have hands on industrial experience in nanoparticle technology – ideally with consumer goods for cosmetics and body care or a related chemical industry.
· Identify existing or develop new chemicals/raw materials that best fit performance requirements for new products.
· Hands-on execution of chemical, process, and product application experiments relating to new product and process development.
· With limited supervision, design and execute experiments to demonstrate physical and/or chemical performance of new formulations and new products.
· Identify and coordinate internal and external testing as required by specific projects.
· Document experimental results, including analysis of data, generation of conclusions, and planning of next experiments.
· Analyze and interpret data to communicate results and recommendations to management.
· With limited supervision, develop scale-up plans for new products, including but not limited to formulation recipes, process conversion from lab to pilot plant, QC inspection criteria, etc.
· Work with a cross-functional team to define/refine critical performance characteristics for new products.
· Lead and follow safety, health, and environmental procedures.
· Potential to lead other scientists now or in the future while doing hand-on laboratory work
· PD (doctoral degree from an accredited university) in related scientific field such as Nanotechnology Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Food Science, or closely related field.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience in nanotechnology with a focus on nanofluids preferred
· Relevant industrial experience/knowledge in chemical formulations, chemical blending, surface chemistry, with a particular focus in nanoparticle technology
· Knowledge and experience in DOE designs and formula/process optimization, as well as statistical analysis of results
· Good analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Must have the ability to work in collaborative environment, and participate in a team based approach to research
· Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and can effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
· Ability to multi-task and quickly adjust and contribute to new projects
· Self-starter with passion and drive to create industry-leading products
Compensation & Benefits:
Tenex offers a competitive compensation package including salaries commensurate with work experience & excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending for health, IRA match, vacation pay and more.
18 Station AveBerwyn, PA