We currently have a full time/ permanent an opportunity for a Staff Accountant with an agricultural industry leader!
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Assist in the month-end close processed which will include: Creation of journal entries with supporting documentation, journalizing system generated entries for AR, AP and inventory.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Assist in Accounts Receivable analysis and collection
- Assist in financial analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum – Undergraduate Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 1-3 years previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient Microsoft Office application abilities (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented, along with time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working with Senior Management
- Project Management and multi-tasking skillset
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems at a complex level
- Strong commitment to self and process improvement
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and action oriented team player
Temporaries of New England, Inc.
Why Work Here?North/South Eastern Connecticut's first and premier Staffing Agency.... Established in 1989
Great company culture and environment!