Lead VFX Artist
- 27 days ago
Lead VFX Artist
Full-Time / Remote
Who we are – Tempo Games Studio:
Tempo Games is a new start-up games studio in production on its first major title. The Bazaar is an infinitely replayable, global, and free-to-play strategy game for all platforms. In this genre-bending title, players take the role of an enterprising adventurer on a quest for wealth and glory in an intergalactic marketplace.
Tempo is seeking to expand its team and hire best-in-class talent. The existing team has collectively delivered more than 100 games, events, and marketing campaigns with the largest companies on the globe, including Epic, Microsoft, Amazon, Activision Blizzard, Capcom, ArenaNet, Warner Bros., Hasbro, HBO, HP, NFL, Sony, and Disney.
Tempo fosters a culture of innovation, inclusion, and passion among its team and fans to deliver impactful experiences that shape the way we all create, entertain, and play. We invest everything into our staff, culture, and product.
You relish making things sparkle and pop with dazzling effects and thunderous explosions! You have the ability to bring elements to life so viscerally that you can smell the smoke from a fire!
The Lead VFX Artist owns the VFX pipeline, working with the Director of Art Management and Art Director to establish the style guide. They implement and supervise the creation of special effects in adherence to production deadlines. They must have a strong ability for transforming ideas into fluid animations and rich effects.
A high degree of familiarity with industry-standard tools is a must. As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of work and may be asked to complete an art test.
- 5+ years professional experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field (worked on the project from inception through completion)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to address technically challenging tasks
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance for multiple platforms
- Expert knowledge of job related tools and software (Houdini, Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, etc.)
- High level 2D skills for concept and sprite creation
- Mobile game development experience
- Expert Unity game engine experience
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Experience managing and mentoring others
- Passion for games and knowledge of the games industry
- Work with the Director of Art Management and Art Director to set the art style and visual standard for the team
- Create pre-visualization concepts by any means necessary to establish the visual effects direction
- Research and analyze current and emerging visual effect trends and technology and collect reference materials that support the visual quality and style for the VFX team
- Create clear and accurate technical writing and documentation regarding VFX production and use by other artists
- Work closely with the graphic engineers to develop new, or improve upon old, technologies to improve visual effect quality
- Collaborate with the design and gameplay teams to create visual effects that support gameplay systems
- Handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from concept to final, polished result
Compensation and benefits:
Tempo has listed the pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, domain knowledge, interview performance, position level, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
In the United States, the standard annual base pay range for this role is $115,000 and up, depending on the above-mentioned factors. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
The salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Tempo. We also offer a package of benefits including discretionary paid time off, paid time off for federal holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and tax-advantaged 401(k) accounts to regular full-time employees.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Tempo
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?