Summary & Scope of Position:
We are seeking a dedicated, energetic, and creative individual who will provide general laboratory support to Tempest Programs with an emphasis in Immunology and Cell Biology.
Primary Responsibilities: Successful candidates will conduct a variety of in vitro/in vivo/ex vivo experiments to evaluate the utility, safety, efficacy, and mechanism of action of novel small molecules in various model systems.
• BS/BA in Immunology, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Virology, or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years relevant laboratory experience.
• Experience with a wide range of in vitro and ex vivo immunoassays (e.g. RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, multiplex cytokine assays, luminex, ELISPOT, ELISA, ADCC, neutralization assays, cell proliferation, in vivo/ex vivo cytoxicity assays, cell death assays, etc).
• Proficiency using primary cell culture, cultured cell lines, and sterile technique is required.
• Experience with mouse infectious disease models, tumor models, and/or toxicology is preferred.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, including the ability to analyze data and understand, interpret, and clearly present results.
• Must be well-organized and detail-oriented, with meticulous record keeping.
• Ability to work productively in a team environment and to adapt to changing project priorities and timelines.
• Proficiency in standard software (e.g. MS office and graphing programs), and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
TEMPEST THERAPEUTICS IS A CLINICAL STAGE BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANY ADVANCING SMALL MOLECULE THERAPEUTICS THAT MODULATE ANTI-TUMOR IMMUNITY PATHWAYS.
Tempest has a balanced and deep pipeline consisting of first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule therapeutics, which modulate distinct immune response pathways relevant to mounting an effective anti-tumor response. The molecules were developed by Inception Sciences, a Versant Ventures affiliated drug discovery engine. Tempest has assembled a highly experienced team of small molecule and immuno-oncology drug developers to advance these programs to the clinic across diverse cancers representing significant unmet medical need. Tempest is backed by a syndicate of leading US and China based venture capital firms