- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TemperPack is a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, Virginia. We design and manufacture innovative, sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. The markets we serve have an urgent need for disruptive, sustainable alternatives to replace the wide array of non-sustainable packaging materials conventionally used in the cold-chain such as Styrofoam coolers. Our aspiration is to provide packaging solutions that customers and end-consumers feel great about using.
Job Title: Sales Director
Supervisor's Title: SVP Sales
Location: 4447 Carolina Ave, Richmond, VA 23222
The primary role of the Sales Director is to communicate customers' needs to the organization and through good management, assist in turning those requirements into profits. The role includes all aspects of the sales function, prospecting, matching customer needs with solutions, communication between customers and company, representation of company at events and trade shows, travel to customer sites as often as necessary, and continued evaluation of Company sales efforts and recommended improvements.
This position is remote and reports to the SVP Sales. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process; from identifying targets, establishing a pipeline, crafting and delivering compelling proposals to prospective customers, to closing and converting new client business for the Company.
- Build successful partnerships with client business leads and key decision makers; provide on-going strategic insights and continually identify future value-added solutions based on the changing market dynamics and industry trends.
- Able to think strategically and develop customer value propositions and link solutions to the customer strategy.
- Active student of the industry that is able to understand changing market conditions and new product offerings.
- Collaborate across the company, leveraging cold-chain knowledge, tools and other resources to drive TemperPack's value into the marketplace.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers; assist as needed with problem solving and customer relationship management.
- Other duties as necessitated by the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of previous sales experience. Cold chain or technical sales experience preferred.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Consistency in words and actions that demonstrate the core values of integrity and being the most respected.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the business.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- 25% travel to client locations as needed.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline preferred, or similar professional experience.
- Lift up to 15 pounds unassisted.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
TemperPack provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran/reservist, and any other class of protected individuals, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
BusinessView all jobs at TemperPack Inc.