- Expired: October 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
TemperPack is a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, Virginia. We design and manufacture innovative, sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. The markets we serve have an urgent need for disruptive, sustainable alternatives to replace the wide array of non-sustainable packaging materials conventionally used in the cold chain such as Styrofoam coolers. Our aspiration is to provide packaging solutions that customers and end-consumers feel great about using.
Job Title: Facilities Engineer
Supervisor Title: Director of Project Management
Project Engineering manages a wide variety of TemperPack initiatives, from multi-million-dollar capital expansions to smaller upgrades or trials to existing equipment and processes. As Facilities Engineer and member of the Project Engineering Team, you will be responsible for facility equipment, infrastructure, and utility upgrade projects in both our Richmond and Las Vegas factories. Performing the job well requires both technical acumen and the ability to effectively communicate project status to internal company stakeholders including Design, Process Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and Finance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take complete ownership of assigned projects and tasks
- Work with internal/external design and execution teams to establish consensus and drive project progress
- Communicate project status with Engineering Management and TemperPack Leadership
- Develop documentation packages including but not limited to, facility drawings, prints, manuals, SOPs, etc
- Prepare formal engineering reports, opinions, and recommendations
- Travel up to 50% to support other TemperPack sites (Las Vegas, NV)
- Ensure project execution is being performed in accordance with engineered drawings and plans
- Ensure project execution is being performed in accordance with TemperPack's company policies for safety and integrity
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detail oriented with a high sense of urgency and positive attitude
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively read and interpret engineering drawings and technical documentation
- Working knowledge of typical plant infrastructure including but not limited to:
- 480V power systems and distribution
- Compressed air generation and distribution
- Plant-wide and office HVAC systems
- Dust collection systems
- Heavy equipment installation
- Systems Engineering or Project Management background a plus
- Able to lift 40 pounds unassisted
- Able to reach, bend, kneel and climb while performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Able to react and respond quickly to noises, smells, visual hazards, and alerts
TemperPack provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran/reservist, and any other class of protected individuals, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
Real EstateView all jobs at TemperPack Inc.
Get fresh Facility Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.