Cyber Security Engineer Associate - EG
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Cyber Security Engineer Associate - EG
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position will be based in our Ashburn, Virginia location with the expectation to support customer sites throughout the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area.
This position is to perform Information Assurance/Cybersecurity activities in support of the Xacta application suite. The candidate will be responsible for supporting clients in application administration, configuring, deploying, or troubleshooting a large enterprise deployment of Xacta Software Suite and implementation with dependent systems and processes. The candidate will be required to apply domain knowledge and collaborate with team leads and clients to translate functional needs into technical security solutions appropriately. The candidate will have the opportunity to interface with Security Authorization practitioners including the Authorizing Official, Information System Security Officers, System Owners and Engineers to assist with the development of the Security Authorization documentation packages.
- Learn and become familiar with the Xacta Software Suite, deployment methodologies and integration with customer security processes.
- Learn to provide technical and programmatic Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems. Designs, develops and implements security requirements workflows within an organization's business processes.
- Interacts daily in person, via email and phone conversations with a large user base to provide user support to Xacta software users.
- Interacts daily with on/off-site site personnel to ensure administrative support is provided to the user base in a timely fashion.
- Work under direct supervision from Telos senior security engineers and Program Managers to ensure administrative tasks are completed as prioritized.
- Provides recommendations to improve efficiency to managers as needed.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures for administering the Xacta application suite.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance and TS/SCI Polygraph, if needed.
- Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience (6 years).
- Two years of work experience with cybersecurity responsibility such as OS or Application security configuration or risk management and/or assessment processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work tasks autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff located in geographically disparate areas.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required.
- A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on high quality of deliverables.
- Experience Windows or Linux administration.
- Experience with scripting or coding.
- A Technology Certification for an operating system, cloud or security (i.e. RHEL, Windows, Sec+, CISSP, AWS, Azure, Docker, etc.).
Desired additional skills:
- Experience with the Xacta software suite or other GRC automation tools.
- Previous work in systems security configuration or risk management framework.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools.
- Familiarity with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing environments (i.e. Azure, AWS, OCI, GCP, etc.).
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment.
Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ("SSA") and/or the Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") of your authorization to work in the United States.
Telos Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Telos Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 1-800-283-1911. If you require relay service assistance, please click on the following link to review information on your state's relay service: http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/trsphonebk.html
Telos Corporation is an EEO/AA employer.
Ashburn, VA 20147 US (Primary)
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future. Telos and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Telos CorporationAshburn, VA
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.