We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
• Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
• Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams and to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Good understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
• Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
• Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
• Strong knowledge in 4G/5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades etc
• Experience with SW development is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
• Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
• Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 10+ years’ experience is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree is EE/CS is required
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
Telnet, Inc.Telnet, Incorporated is a consulting firm providing complete Telecom and IT solutions globally. Established in 1995, Telnet has been providing innovative and competitive solutions to wireless operators, equipment vendors, as well as government and other commercial entities, in form of turnkey operations or technical outsourcing. Telnet provides its clients with superior products and customized solutions that give them the edge in today's competitive market place. Telnet's dedicated staff is committed to your success.