Project Manager - Testing and Maintenance Services
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical,
Position Title: Project Manager – Testing and Maintenance Services
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing Telnet’s Public Safety Testing, Dispatch, Maintenance and Troubleshooting business. Additional duties will include supporting ongoing DAS deployment projects project management activities. Minimum of 5 years’ experience required with managing projects, field-based technicians, maintenance and/or dispatch / break fix and structured cabling (pulling and terminating cables) preferably including ½” coax.
The Project Manager will support DAS, Public Safety Testing and Maintenance services. Travel (up to 25%) as needed to manage remote projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Managing and reporting on DAS, 3rd party testing, Maintenance projects including cost, time, and quality.
- Vendor / Sub-Contract Management – Experience identifying and developing appropriate sub-contractors.
- Experience managing inventory and calibration of Anritsu, JDSU and other test equipment. Proven track record of strong organizational skills.
- Developing reports, managing customer expectations, and creating brand loyalty. Creating detailed close out / As Built Packages
- Mentoring and Training other team members in best practices.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Thorough proficiency with Microsoft office. Expert level MS Excel proficiency preferred.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
- Direct Project Management experience deploying or maintaining wireless systems
- Previous Hands on Field Experience that will provide 1st hand lessons learned to apply to the position
- Previous experience managing field technicians
- Previous experience managing maintenance / dispatch services.
- Anritsu Line Sweep Experience / Certification – Must be able to train others on proper testing requirements for cable including VSWR, Distance to Fault etc. Must be able to review tests for accuracy, etc.
- PIM – Passive Intermodulation Testing and Troubleshooting with Kaelus or similar.
- Fiber – Corning Certification preferred –
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background screening (no misdemeanor or felony convictions).
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and a minimum of 1 years driving experience.
- Ability to use MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) for reporting.
- OSHA10 Certification Required, OSHA30 strongly preferred
- Must be comfortable walking, crawling, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs and handle a step/extension ladder.
Telnet, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great Benefits and lot of room for growth.
Telnet, Incorporated is a consulting firm providing complete Telecom and IT solutions globally. Established in 1995, Telnet has been providing innovative and competitive solutions to wireless operators, equipment vendors, as well as government and other commercial entities, in form of turnkey operations or technical outsourcing. Telnet provides its clients with superior products and customized solutions that give them the edge in today's competitive market place. Telnet's dedicated staff is committed to your success.
Real EstateView all jobs at Telnet, Inc.