Position Title: Construction Manager
Reports to: Sr Director of In Building Services
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the installation of DAS, Small Cell, BTS deployments. Additional duties will include mentoring others in the testing and troubleshooting of existing systems including equipment and cabling. Requirements: Minimum of 5 years’ experience with structured cabling (pulling and terminating cables) and Installation preferably including ½” coax.
The Construction Manager will support DAS, small cell and BTS deployments at client sites. Installations may include working in attics, crawl spaces and office environments. Travel (up to 50%) as needed to manage remote projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Managing and reporting on DAS, Small Cell and BTS deployments, swap outs and retrofits including cost, time and quality.
- Vendor / Sub-Contract Management – Experience identifying and developing appropriate sub-contractors.
- Scheduling and Estimating for pre-sales support and post sales.
- Developing reports, managing customer expectations and creating brand loyalty.
- Troubleshooting existing system for Maintenance/Dispatch.
- Mentoring and Training other team members in Construction / Installation best practices.
- Managing and reporting on job safety and being a safety champion include JHA’s, Incident Reports and Safety Plan Preparation
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including after hours and weekends. • Strong customer service and communication skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Hands On Installation / Construction Experience Preferred
- Anritsu Line Sweep Experience / Certification – Must be able to train others on proper testing requirements for cable including VSWR, Distance to Fault etc. Must be able to review tests for accuracy, etc..
- PIM – Passive InterModulation Testing and Troubleshooting with Kaelus or similar.
- Fiber – Corning Certification preferred – Ability to train other how to install, splice and test fiber optic cable including OTDR review from EXFO, Fluke, VIAVI or similar.
- Coax Cable Connections – Ability to train and mentor others on proper techniques for coax cable connectorization. Experience with JMA Compression Connectors preferred.
- Electrical Knowledge – Must have basic knowledge of electrical code and Low Voltage and High Voltage power designs including breakers, power meters, etc. to manage subcontractors.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background screening (no misdemeanor or felony convictions).
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and a minimum of 1 years driving experience.
- Ability to use MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) for reporting.
- OSHA10 Certification Required, OSHA30 strongly preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/EFFORT: • .
Must be comfortable walking, crawling, bending and kneeling. • Ability to lift at least 50lbs and handle a step/extension ladder.
Telnet, Inc.Telnet, Incorporated is a consulting firm providing complete Telecom and IT solutions globally. Established in 1995, Telnet has been providing innovative and competitive solutions to wireless operators, equipment vendors, as well as government and other commercial entities, in form of turnkey operations or technical outsourcing. Telnet provides its clients with superior products and customized solutions that give them the edge in today's competitive market place. Telnet's dedicated staff is committed to your success.