Title: Systems Test Engineer
Location: Dallas Facility
Travel: 10% or less
Company: Tellabs Enterprise Inc.
Physics doesn’t lie! Tomorrow’s data rates require high speed interfaces that traditional wireline technology cannot provide. As a leader in network technology innovations, Tellabs started a new networking market called the passive optical LAN to address tomorrow’s needs and change how networking is done. Come be part of this ongoing innovation as a systems test engineer on a team that is leading the push to change the user interface for the data network.
You will be responsible for implementing and contributing to building effective test plans to include automated test systems. You will take an active role in defining the design and build out of a test automation suite that provides daily rigorous testing of the product, specification, design, development and maintenance of software systems and products. As part of a small team, your creative software test will directly support the customer experience and advance our leadership in this growing market.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Development and ongoing maintenance of project test strategies, specifications and plans
· Be able to contribute to the design and build of a test automation suite that provides daily rigorous testing of the product
· Timely execution of test plans and test cases either manually or using test automation
· Report hardware and software defects and proactively work with the development engineers to debug and correct them.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
· 3 or more years of previous work experience in WAN/LAN/OLAN testing or equivalent experience in technical training and or continuing education
· Working experience of Networking (OSI model and protocols) with a focus on L2 (e.g. LLDP, xSTP, ACLs, MAB, 802.1x)
· Participated in automated test development with a preference to using Quali Systems Cloudshell/Testshell automation development tools
· Expertise in Python programming language and script generation
· Hands on experience using traffic generators such as IXIA or Spirent test Center
· Strong technical, analytical and testing skills
· Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks with little supervision
· Be a fast learner who quickly assimilates the Tellabs products and testing environment to become a team player that rapidly adds value to the evolving automation test environment
· Knowledge of overlaying GPON, XGPON and NGPON services onto a single fiber would be beneficial
Only fully complete submissions will be reviewed for consideration.
No relocation provided.
Tellabs participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should apply on our company website at https://www.tellabs.com/careers/
Tellabs encourages qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and any other legally protected status to apply. The company complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations throughout the hiring process.
Mission: - Be the recognized leader in connecting people through network solutions
- Work as one team
- Deliver unparalleled customer service
- Build lasting customer relationships
- Passionate pursuit of operational excellence
- Maintain financial performance required for future growth
- Leverage our recognized leadership to drive values