Telepath provides a broad line of high-performance wireless communications products, services, and complete mobility solutions. When hiring we seek above average candidates that have a strong desire to help our organization grow, have an undeniable work ethic, and are committed to being the best. Founded in 1978, Telepath is one of the largest Motorola dealers and System Integrator worldwide.
As a Field Installation Technician, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, trouble-shooting and repairing Two-Way Radio infrastructure, BDA/DAS system antennas, splitters, and components, and other wireless communication systems at the customers site. Duties include installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repairing of legacy LTR Trunking equipment. We perform system design, troubleshoot, program, install and commission wireless systems for a variety of customers. Wireless communications systems include: All MOTOTRBO protocols and 3rd party applications. Our Technicians must have excellent communication skills, be motivated, customer service oriented and have a professional attitude and appearance.
- Install, maintain and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
- Installation, commissioning, and testing of BDA/DAS systems
- Central Valley & SF Bay Area Mountain Top travel
- Rotating on call schedule will be required.
- Proficient use of basic hand tools, measuring, cable and connector installation
- Basic knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, general understanding of RF propagation. (Will train)
- Ability to work off of blueprints, and wiring diagrams.
- Basic IP / networking (IP address, subnet, gateway)
- Proficiency in operating various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR’s, FDR’s, and multi-meters. (Will train)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidates must possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of basic RF, audio, and network signal flow (Will train)
- Must be able to pass background check
- Willingness to learn new technology, and obtain manufacturer certifications for our product suite
- High School Diploma or GED
Telepath offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as comprehensive benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid-Time-Off, Holiday pay and much more.