About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Vascular Access - Built on a history of innovation, our Arrow® brand of technically advanced vascular access devices are renowned throughout the world. Many of our vascular access products have antimicrobial and antithrombogenic protection designed to reduce vascular-related complications and include long and short dwell central venous catheters (CVC), sheath introducers, arterial lines, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), as well as specialty devices for intraosseous vascular access and an advanced vascular positioning system to facilitate precise placement of a PICC or CVC near the heart. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) augments the sales process by partnering with sales representatives and the current or intended customer to drive the clinical aspects of product evaluations, implementations, and post-implementation training needs in order to advance and/or maintain stages within the sales cycle. Activities include, but are not limited to, presentation delivery, comprehensive training plan development, live case coverage, objection handling, and solution positioning that supports the safe and effective use of the Teleflex Vascular product portfolio.
The CSS is actively involved with the pre- and post-sale activities to foster customer relationships, outline parameters for success and develop clinical champions that result in successful product adoption. This position trains internal/external customers on the proper use of all Vascular products in accordance with each IFU, relevant policy and procedures, evidence-based practice guidelines and mandated regulatory requirements.
Working closely with healthcare providers and their teams to establish mutually agreed upon goals, the CSS provides superior training during the procedural application, post-placement care and long-term use of the Vascular product portfolio to achieve the best possible outcomes, ensuring an optimal customer experience.
Collaborating with Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Clinical & Medical Affairs on key projects and initiatives, the CSS utilizes critical thinking skills to collect data, analyze and problem solve, considering a variety of factors, exercising good judgment within defined Teleflex policies, procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Develop and maintain expertise in the clinical application of:
o Vascular Access products -
Peripheral Access - PICC, Midline, Extended-dwell Peripheral Catheter, Tip Navigation/Positioning platforms, Peripheral IV
Arrowga+rd Protection technologies
o Medical literature
o Standards of practice
o Societal guidelines
o Competitive landscape
o Industry trends
• Work in conjunction with sales/clinical representatives, management, and executive leadership to properly identify targets, prioritizing opportunities to achieve regional and overall corporate objectives
• Drive utilization of all products by identifying and expanding the customer base through networking and follow-up
• Customize evaluation and implementation plans that reflect the needs of the customer
Template updated: 08/12/2019 2/3
• Provide cross-regional/zone/national clinical training, as necessary
• Identify strong clinical champions and references that will advocate for the Vascular product portfolio
• Effectively utilize CRM platform to track progress toward individual performance objectives and strategic business plans
• Provide feedback to Marketing and executive leadership teams on product releases, efficacy of available tools, competitive intel, post-market surveillance, promotional and clinical training programs
• Participate in educational, scientific congresses and promotional activities at all identified local, regional and national exhibitions as dictated by the business need
• Train new field and company personnel on Vascular Access products
• Maintain professional licensure and credentials, where applicable
• Provide written and verbal communication to sales/clinical representatives, management, and executive leadership regarding field activities and account information
• Timely completion of all documentation, special projects and administrative responsibilities (i.e., expense reports, materials, etc.)
• Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Conduct, Company policies, rules, procedures and Regulatory standards
Education / Experience Requirements
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• 2+ years of Medical Device Industry experience
• 3+ years of experience in a business environment
• Professional Development background including curriculum creation
• Advanced Certification in Vascular Access and/or Critical Care (i.e., CRNI, VA-BC, CCRN, CEN, etc.)
• Professional Affiliations and Associations such as APIC, INS, AVA, ENA, AACN
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Healthcare Provider with a minimum of 5 years patient care experience in critical care area and/or vascular access specialty (i.e., Vascular Access Team (inpatient, mobile, travel), Critical Care, ED, Interventional Radiology, Cardiac Cath Lab, etc.)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Possess a valid driver's license, own and operate a motor vehicle with satisfactory driving records
• Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs
• Lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs
• Able to stand or walk in numerous hospitals or at meetings for 8 - 12 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Must be goal-directed and results-oriented, with internal motivation to achieve high performance
• High energy, entrepreneurial and strong relationship building abilities
• Situational awareness, self-regulation and social interaction capabilities
• Active listener with effective verbal and written communication
• Exceptional time management and capacity for organizational preparedness
• Thorough with attention to detail and consistent, reliable follow-through
• Demonstrates a problem solving attitude to directly address challenges and seek objective conclusions
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment where the business priorities dictates the work schedule
• Travel domestically (>60%)
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2018 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.