Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. Each Teledyne Marine company is a leader in its respective field, with a shared commitment to providing premium products backed by unparalleled service and support.
For more information, visit our website at www.teledynemarine.com.
The Systems Engineer Vehicles position is responsible for leading the system-level integration of high-performance sensor instrumentation with autonomous/remotely operated vehicle platforms. Provides systems engineering solutions for new and ongoing products within the Vehicles product line.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates, analyzes and makes recommendations on products, designs and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the product.
- Evaluates and integrates sensors into existing systems to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor and design changes.
- Provides inputs to design approaches and architecture.
- Acts as a technical reviewer of existing designs and system configurations.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer support.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Manage product release including development, documentation package and coordination of product releases across engineering, sales and operations.
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews and technical interactions with customers.
- Work collaboratively with teams of highly skilled engineers from various disciplines, such as electronics, software, firmware and mechanical engineering,
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or closely related technical marine discipline, and a minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Candidate must be a "self-starter," a strong team member and require minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform well in a dynamic, multi-task environment.
- Must have good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite proficiently.
- Product development in an ISO 9001:2015 environment a plus.