Would you enjoy being part of a highly-skilled team that’s driven and passionate? Do you have a knack for making difficult “stuff” easy for learners? Do you enjoy doing end-to-end course development? How do perks like company-provided snacks and soft drinks sound? How about health, dental, and vision insurance? Did we mention the snacks? If this sounds like a great fit for you, keep reading!
The Training Content Developer will work with SMEs, as well as perform their own research, to create and/or update our proprietary courses. The primary focus is self-paced eLearning courses delivered through our online university/portal to our members/customers.
- Independent, but also collaborative – Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve and get things done on own accord
- Ability to make difficult content easy for the intended audience to understand
- Ability to think visually in order to translate source content into illustrations, animations, and other visual assets
- Creative and detail oriented – leverage creativity to produce informative and interactive training modules based on complex concepts and topics
- Responsible for knowing AOTMP® University, products, and services
- Able to present AOTMP® training content if/when needed
- Understand how to develop and create training content
- Understand and comply with company policies
- High level of accountability
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create new AOTMP® University-specific training in consultation with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Redesign and redevelop existing AOTMP® University courseware to better reflect latest adult learning theories and industry standards.
- Create and develop eLearning modules in Articulate Storyline and other software, as needed
- Gather raw data from various sources, including person, e-mail, briefings, meetings, webinars, sites, white papers, etc.
- Monitor industry news and trends through websites, blogs, social media, etc.
- Create technology articles as source materials for content portals, eLearning course creation, and the AOTMP® Insights Magazine
- Write technology briefs from materials supplied by the AOTMP Development team and from other sources
- Develop new training courses and resources to correspond to the courses a minimum of one item per course
- Develop training tools and aids
- Proof and edit all training-related materials
- Ensure adult learning principles are consistently applied
- Utilize telecom and/or technology industry experience to identify additional content development opportunities
- Ensure content produced is relevant and timely
- Peer review and edit training content and documentation
- Test eLearning courses to ensure functionality
- Work with entire Organization to identify curriculum gaps
- Prioritize concurrent projects to ensure on-time and accurate content
- Develop your telecom and/or technology industry experience to identify additional content development opportunities
- Coordinate with AOTMP® University development team on projects, timelines, and deliverables
- Provide help with member and customer support inquiries and issues as needed
- Publish courses and manage users within the LMS
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or equivalent degree or 4+ years’ experience in eLearning and/or adult learning principles
- 4+ years’ experience creating eLearning modules and courses
- 4+ years’ experience researching, curating, and writing technical content
- Experience researching technology/technical content
- Experience developing storyboards, learning objectives, course outlines or course modules
- Experience developing eLearning courses using Articulate Storyline
- Proficient with SCORM
- Proficient using the ADDIE model or rapid instructional design methodology
- Familiarity with graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point – along with SharePoint and Teams
- Proficient at researching technology/technical content
- Ability to learn and articulate new solutions
- Ability to work quickly with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform and deliver in a deadline- and metrics-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate on projects
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Extensive work at a computer
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force may occasionally be required. Requires good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment (e.g., computers, headsets, calculators)
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. This position works out of our office located at 7602 Woodland Dr., #150, Indianapolis., IN 46278.
Telecom Management Group LLC
Why Work Here?
Passionate team members, open PTO, awesome culture!