TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
TeleSign is looking for a Sr. Director, Marketing who will develop strategic marketing plans that are actionable with both short- and long-term targets, goals, initiatives and metrics that align with its business and growth objectives. The Director, Marketing will be required to serve as our resident product expert with vast and reliable product marketing strategy, knowledge of market product functionality, product features, target markets, segmentation and personas, competitive landscapes, geographical coverage, pricing, integrations, testing and evaluation processes, and more.
In addition, the Director, Marketing will define our strategies and take our brand awareness, market leadership and customer adoption to the next level. He/she will directly be responsible for the planning, development, and execution of TeleSign’s regional and field marketing strategies and as well as campaigns globally.
This position reports to the VP, Product and Marketing and is based in Marina del Rey, CA.
- Lead segmentation strategy & product marketing activities.
- Be responsible for PR brand equity and elevate TeleSign visibility in the market.
- Provide thought leadership through demonstrated knowledge of the industry, target market and customer insight.
- Lead and influence the creation of high-impact, scalable global marketing programs.
- Develop and execute marketing programs that span organic, paid and partner channels, including social media, SEM, online advertising, and others.
- Utilize insights to better understand our customers and industry, including competitive information to drive appropriate messaging and competitive positioning.
- Develop and report on ROI-based metrics for maximizing the value of activities.
- Perform strategic market analysis and product positioning.
- Partner with Product Management to drive roadmap strategy, delivery and related cross-functional communications.
- 5+ years of Marketing experience with 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Strong experience with product GTM, product marketing and segmentation.
- Experience in start-up and SMB in tech, software, communication information, cyber security space is extremely helpful.
- Experience working in a subsidiary setting is helpful.
- Knowledge and experience working with marketing automation / productivity tools such as Pardot and Salesforce.
- Demonstrable experience with content marketing strategies and execution.
- Deep experience and proficiency with paid social programs (LinkedIn, Twitter in particular).
- Strong experience with both the creative and quantitative aspects of marketing.
- Strong analytical skills to measure effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment.
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or public relations preferred.
- Proven experience growing technology product revenues year over year a plus.
- Technical and product skills combined with marketing mindset/experience.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact TeleSign HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not email about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.