The Regional Nurse Case Manager is responsible for providing total case management and maintaining complete, accurate, and timely files of all accommodation and leave request. The position supports both associates and leaders with the overall case management for each leave request assigned including responsibility for the interactive process, administration, and coordination of leave accommodation request as well as ensuring compliance with return to work policies.
The position ensures that various policies and procedures are executed according to COMPANY parameters and in adherence to the local, state, and federal regulations. The disability manager will possess the knowledge too and is able to make independent decisions related to federal and state regulatory leave, and accommodation laws, time and attendance reporting, benefits eligibility, leave communications, leave compensation including disability plans and time keeping events.
This position reports to the Manager, Disability Management. Core job responsibilities include:
• Manages associate disability and medical case management services to promote optimum associate health and productivity. This includes short and long term disability, worker’s compensation and return to work programs. Collaborates with external providers to resolve complex medical/mental health situations.
• Responsible for actively communicating with site(s) business leaders in regards to associate (site) health, productivity metrics; leads and influences for best-practice healthy work environments that decrease associate risk factors that impact workplace productivity and associate wellbeing
• Interprets associate population health metrics and develops strategies (in conjunction with Senior Regional Nurse Managers) that influence business costs and associate engagement levels
• Partners with business stakeholders (Safety, Risk Management, Human Resources, Line Managers) to assure regulatory and legal compliance with Federal and State agencies (OSHA, FMLA, HIPAA, ADA, etc.) relating to company health policies and practices.
• Serves as a professional business partner /healthcare resource to site business stakeholders and associate populations.
• Tracks and collects performance measures and delivers timely reporting of established, site-specific health and productivity metrics o Works to engage client customers and individual associates in dialogue to prevent/reduce injury, illness, and chronic disease
• Partners occasionally with occupational health nurse, Health Promotion Coordinators, and other company stakeholders to promote on-site wellness/wellbeing programs that enhance healthy lifestyles and contribute to building the Mars culture of well-being
• Supports the maintenance of optimum workplace occupational health and safety practices
• Provides support to stabilize, referral and follow-up for associates’ occupational/personal injuries and illnesses when there is no onsite clinical manager and /or manage injury remotely.
• Maintains highly confidential associate personal health information and files. Ensures HIPPA compliance.
• Registered Nurse License required • Professional or Healthcare Provider Level CPR certification
• BS in Nursing preferred or equivalent • COHN/S (Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist) a plus
• CCM (Certification in Case Management) a plus • Three plus years Case Management experience
• Competency with FMLA, Worker's Comp, ADA, local, and state regulations • Required experience in o Case Management o Disease Management
• Project management experience a plus • Strong Business Acumen required
• Must have strong collaboration skills- this role will be required to be an active business partner with P&O and Safety providing guidance and counsel on associate issues related to disability and regulatory compliance. • Some travel required