Sr Network Engineer - VoIP / UCaaS (Hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
There are a lot of job descriptions out there for Senior Network Engineers that all say the same thing.
WARNING: Ours might be one of them. So before we get into what we're looking for, let's talk a little about who we are at Tele-Cloud and hopefully why you'll want to join us.
We're a regional team of around 20 very talented people. And yes, if you are wondering, we are humble too. We value relationships over transactions.
Fun fact: Over 10,000 users and 500 businesses are using our TeleCloud UCaaS platform!
We like to say “Our technology is in the Cloud but our people's feet are on the ground.” We're driven by a few core values that ensure we're being excellent to both our customers and our team. Relationships matter, but it's our commitment to individually bettering ourselves that drives the company forward. Working with us, you will find yourself part of a close-knit and energetic environment where you'll develop your industry knowledge as you contribute directly to company growth.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer, who will take ownership of managing and supporting the operation, performance, and health of all Telecom and VoIP systems. Looking for someone who possesses the ability to execute creative solutions to complex problems and must be able to balance the ability to work independently and be a part of a team. As a key team member you will need to professionally interact with other groups and business units, keep the team and management up to date on the status of projects and tickets and participate in occasional on-call rotation for after-hours escalations.
This will be a hybrid position: 80% work from home remote, and 20% on average of traveling to client sites (in the tri-state area: NJ, NY, PA) and office (Morristown, NJ) as needed.
- Provide network planning, design, implementation, and optimization of Telecommunications/Netsapien Infrastructures
- Provide operational support to and for customer's issues, while managing escalated issues/event status in the ticketing system in adherence to the company’s operational level agreement
- Review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for diagnosing and troubleshooting VoIP platform, Telecom Network, IP / WAN Protocol stacks, and Linux server issues
- Review and monitor the security posture, performance, and health of the telecommunication infrastructure and perform remediation when and where necessary
- Follow a formal change control process when making or recommending any changes to telecom or VoIP systems
- Perform analysis of any software or hardware modifications, including vendor-supplied patches or user-driven requests for change, in a timely and proactive manner
- Work in conjunction with vendors and service providers to expedite problem resolution for system issues or product defects
- Work closely with other Information Services teams on projects of all scopes, including complex and cross-functional efforts
- Relevant VoIP platform experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Network Administration is a plus but not required
- 4+ years of experience in Network/Operations Support with emphasis on Telecom and Platform Switches, such as Broadsoft, Netsapiens, Metaswitch, or Asterisk
- Working knowledge of Networking in a TCP/IP and SIP environment and Linux experience, preferably Ubuntu
- Experience with open source applications and tools such in LAMP Stack
- Experience with telephony or voice related services (SIP, RTP)
- Experience with provisioning and configuration of VoIP phones
- Experience troubleshooting and providing operational level support to: VoIP platform/networks and IP/WAN protocol stacks
- Experience analyzing and monitoring system performance
- Ability to travel to client sites (in the tri-state area: NJ, NY, PA) and office (Union, NJ) as needed (20% of time on average)
- Salary + Bonus = $125k to $165k
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 401K with company match
- A close-knit, family-oriented, and energetic work environment
- Being part of a consistently growing and fast-paced team, with a commitment to continuous development
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Manager Network Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.