Service Desk Specialist II
Telamon Corporation Raleigh, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55 years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon provides programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and Family Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing & Financial Empowerment.Job Description
Performs information technology service desk functions to ensure that the organization technology tools are benefiting employees. Provides advanced technical assistance to computer users. Answers questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Assist with various IT projects as an implementer and/or scheduler.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides tier one and tier two technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware, VOIP devices, and mobile devices.
2. Responds to customers seeking help either in person, over the phone or by email messages.
3. Addresses incoming support requests and fully document service in tickets system.
4. Assists customers in installing, modifying, and repairing computer hardware and software.
5. Ensures that customer/employees are informed of status, timing and options for support.
6. Refers issues that can’t be resolved to the Service Desk Coordinator.
7. Assists with information technology projects.
8. Mentors, supports, and cross-trains other service desk analysts.
9. Creates Active Directory accounts, manages system in accordance with group policy. Use PowerShell to perform Active Directory updates.
10. Images computers and prepares for shipping. Assists customers in final setup upon delivery.
11. Creates new and manages existing email accounts in Exchange.
12. Troubleshoots in a high-level systematic way; identifies symptoms and research cause of problems.
13. Support client networks including switches, routers, VPNs, firewalls, etc
14. Troubleshoots network connectivity issues, demonstrating an understanding of basic Networking principles,
15. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Service Desk Coordinator.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to mentor, train or explain work procedures to others.Qualifications
Education and Experience Requirements
•An Associate's Degree is required.
•An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for an Associate’s Degree. Three years of experience with technical certifications may be substituted for an Associate’s degree.
•3 years of related work experience.
•Basic functional knowledge of office productivity software, including Microsoft Office and Office 365 and internet browser software, including Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
•Understanding of Azure Active Directory and Office 365 Admin Consoles
•Advanced functional knowledge of computer operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, computer applications, and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
•Advanced functional knowledge of mobile communications devices and software, including Android and Apple iOS software and applications.
•Advanced functional knowledge of computer client-side network and wireless network functionality.
•Advanced functional knowledge of computer user security principles and best practices, especially as these relate to computers running the Microsoft Windows operation system.
•Advanced functional knowledge of telephone desktop hardware configuration and functionality.
•Advanced functional knowledge of computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
Skills and Abilities:
•Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
•Intermediate verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to translate technical information into language that non-technical customers can understand and the ability to communicate in a tactful and appropriate manner.
•Ability to use personal computer.
•Ability to use software applications.
•Ability to work under stress.
•Ability to acquire and use new knowledge regarding computer and network hardware and software systems.
•Ability to read and comprehend technical information regarding computer and network hardware and software systems.
•Ability to use basic computer and network diagnostic tools to gather relevant problem identification information.
•Ability to listen actively, including giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at in appropriate times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Work is primarily performed in an office setting.
•Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen.
• Ability to use fine motor skills to operate software.
•Ability to see monitors, screens, and other equipment being worked on.
•Ability to hear clearly in person or over the phone.
•Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
•Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
•Ability to analyze and solve problems
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Telamon Corporation